Coolest Hand Dies

9/27/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul Newman 1925 -2008.
Paul Newman
He was awesome.

jan

They just don't make em like that anymore. A great loss to us all, an amazing actor, & a great man. My thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends.

Dizzy

What a man, gentleman, actor, husband......this man was my hero! We will miss him terribly. Our hearts go out to his family. God Love him!!!!

DaleMSr

Simply the best!!!! Awesome in The Hustler and Cool Hand Luke. The search is now on for "Greatest Living Actor"

john johnson

R.I.P. to one of the BEST actors of the 20th century, take it easy paul.

No Fooling

A true gentleman, a fine actor, a devoted husband and family man. Joanne...my love and prayers are with you today. May you be comforted by the fact the whole world loved him.
God speed Paul.

Nancy Moore

I cried when I heard about Paul's death. He was one of the best that ever acted and millions are probably going to cry also.My heart goes out to his family in their time of grief and my prayers are with them. Now there are not very many excellent actors left.

No Fooling

Kim #84.... have you no decency? I hope when you die you`ve have parquet flooring installed by your tombstone so we can all dance on it.

mom2boyz

god bless you joanna and your family and alll pauls friends of which I'm sure he had many... I think it's safe to say that hollywood as well as the world in general has lost a fantastic actor, man, humanitarian, as well as any other kind word you could think of to associate to paul newman. Thank you god for having blessed our world and those of us he touched through his fantastic acting!!. NOONE will ever be as good an actor as he NOONE!! You will be missed Paul!!

gilberto berumen

rest in peace mr newman best actor i have ever seen in a movie mi favorite was the sting rip................

gilberto berumen

rest in peace mr newman best actor i have ever seen.my favorite picture was the sting rip..........

Krum

I am bawling...he gave us such great memories. Plus he grew up in Cleveland, where I'm from. They just did a nice tribute to him during the Ohio State game...one of the last living legends is gone. So sad.

TStanley

Well... guess I spoke to soon. It's still nice to see positive comments outweigh the bad, though.

Caprice

Of all the beautiful photos of Paul TMZ posted the worst one...how could you? He was not only gorgeous but talented and above all a humanitarian and wonderful family man devoted to his wife for 50 years. My condolences to Joanne and the family. RIP Paul...thanks for making this world a better place.

Karen

I'll shed a tear every time I eat a Newman-O, and I'll buy an extra box in his memory this week.

Rock Singer

Now maybe the pap's will leave him alone. RIP