Locklear Police Report -- "Obvious Impairment"

10/1/2008 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The California Highway Patrol has released the arrest report from Heather Locklear's DUI bust:

"A concerned citizen observed a visibly impaired woman, later identified as Heather Locklear, at a parking lot in Montecito, CA. Ms. Locklear was driving forwards and backwards over a pair of sunglasses and revving her engine. A few moments later, that citizen watched Ms. Locklear drive away. The citizen left the parking lot and came upon Ms. Locklear and her vehicle now stopped within the roadway on east Valley Road, near Live Oaks Road, in Montecito.

The citizen became concerned when Ms. Locklear exited her vehicle and stumbled into the traffic lane. Concerned for Ms. Locklear's safety, the citizen called 911 and reported the entire incident to CHP Ventura Dispatch.

CHP Dispatch broadcast the situation to officers in the area. Santa Barbara CHP officers responded to the area. Upon arrival, they located Ms. Locklear seated alone in the driver's seat of her vehicle which was obstructing the traffic lane.

Upon contact Ms. Locklear appeared to be disoriented. After an on scene evaluation a DUI investigation was initiated. Although obvious impairment was exhibited during the tests, alcohol was ruled out as a factor.

Based on the circumstances and Ms. Locklear's objective symptoms, she was arrested for suspicion of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance.

She was transported to the Santa Barbara CHP office, where she was evaluated by a Drug Recognition Expert, who concluded Ms. Locklear was under the influence of a controlled substance, and could not safely operate a motor vehicle.

A chemical test was obtained and Ms. Locklear was transported and booked into the Santa Barbara County Jail for violation of 23152(a) VC (Driving under the influence) and 11550 (a) H&S (being under the influence of a controlled substance)."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Annette

TALK ABOUT PAPARAZZI MAKING THEIR OWN NEWS! HEY TMZ - H-O-W MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS DID YOU PAY THE PHOTOGRAPHER WHO PHONED THE TIP IN TO THE POLICE? AND THEN IT TURNS OUT THAT HEATHER WASN'T DUI AFTER ALL? UH HUH......

Annette

stefflechter - #67:

The woman who phoned in the alleged Tip was a member of the paparazzi. She's LITERALLY made THOUSANDS of dollars off a story she helped to create herself. Do you ever read anything except TMZ? Or are you fatally stupid?

kim

Concerned or out for her carreer - WHO CARES??!!! Heather was driving under influence and there is NO EXCUSE!

randy

In all of these comments, I do not see anywhere stating that TMZ was called and paid the woman over $20,000.00 for the pix.
Or did you guys conveniently omit those post?
So much for doing it in the interest of safety and justice!

Chris

This Jill person is the same reporter who was on Denise's cancelled show (yeah), the one where she calls her the c-word, I smell a set up!!

Jody

I thibk Heather and Richie are in denial. I think they are not over each other. I believe they should try to get back together and make it work for the sake of their daughter. They seemed happier together than apart. I don't believe Heather is in love with Jack Wagner and Denise, well she was just a piece. Get back together and get on with your lives.

pattiv

My heart goes out to her, she is obviously having issues in her life, and is having a hard time dealing with them, Drs are so quick to perscribe and not try to resolve the problem , just mask it, to the point this woman is self medicating. The media act like animals that will pounce on this " injured" celebrity. Okay, every likes to say, oh poor her, shes rich and has everything, but she IS a human being too, and because of our own jealousies and envy we love to see celebrities crash and burn in the public eye. Its disgusting to me, to see that when a celebrity has their own personal issues, they just arent able to keep them private. I know if I had my issues splattered all over the internet and TV I would be mortified. I feel the media is responsible in part for some of the issues these celebrities have, look at britney spears, and yet the worse she got mentally, the more the media attacked her to get "their story" They poke fun at their problems, but frankly the media is much worse than any problem any of these people have, because they have ZERO conscience. They should be ashamed for Zero humanity and I hope that karma brings all that back on each and everyone.

Kara

Somebody needs to follow jill ick and SET HER UP...Id like to kick her a--..SHE needs to be taught a lesson BIG TIME..Somebody out there in California go get jill ick and try to ruin her life..nosey witch..what a hypocrite...she will pay..IM sure she was not concerned..Where I live she is called a SNITCH

Cindy LartigueHouston

I agree with all the previous postings on Heather. She is a good person, amazing and talented actress. I would have run over to her - moved her over to the passenger seat and I would have driven the car to the side and then had her call someone that she knew. I was brough up to treat others as you would want to be treated. She is only human. I love you Heather!!!!

cajuncutie712

This Jill "what's her name" should've offered Heather help. I don't think Heather should have been driving in that condition, but... This Jill person was only looking to make a name for herself. She probably has dollar signs tattooed all over over her nosey self! Get a life girl!!! How would you like to have someone "stalking" you, just 'cause you're having a bad day?

2089 days ago

Hilary

Louis Kestenbaum and his son Joel Kestenbaum are currently the victims of a smear campaign where someone is posting fabricated information about a lawsuit that Louis had absolutely no involvement in. They're tacking his name onto someone else's legal woes.

2039 days ago