Cleanliness is Next to Godliness -- Mr. Clean Dies

10/2/2008 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mr. Clean has gone off to that big sanitized house in the sky.

House Peters Jr., the actor that played the original Mr. Clean in TV commercials, died of ammonia pneumonia on Wednesday. He was 92.

In the '50s and '60s, Peters became famous for playing the household cleaning product's bald muscular hoop-earing clad spokesperson. The Castro would never be the same.

Peters is survived by his wife, three adult children and four grandchildren.

Joy

You guys @ tmz are such idiots! I wonder if you will make the same kind of joke when your family members die!!!

gagi

First, it's sad about Mr. Clean. I remember him from commercials back in the day. Why did you need to specify he is survived by 3 "adult" children?. The man was 92 and married to the same woman for 46 years. Was there speculation about little rugrats running around? It just seemed like a weird way to say he had three children.

Jake

This is true... I blew Harvey Levin about 10 years ago. Evil Jew just shoved my face in his lap and wouldn't let go. He's a nasty gay Jew.

howstupidt.m.z.

HOW SILLY SND STUPID OF YOU ALL TO MAKE AJOKE ABOUT SOMEONE'S DEATH!!!! THIS JUST SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT REAL 'REPORTERS' BECAUSE YOU NEVER REPORT ANY 'REAL' NEWS!!!!

kandie in akron

Aww thats sad. But u people are gettin mad over a little joke need to get your panties out of a bunch! Dat wus so funny. But RIP mr. clean

Taylor

That's so low TMZ
I love it!!
C'mon people have a sense of humor!!!

Twinker

Awww that's sad but I thought he had been washed up a long time ago. As a kid in the late 1960's, Mr. Clean, the Jolly Green Giant, Mr. Whipple, Madge and Josephine the Plumber were daily visitors on the boob tube. But no one was cooler than Barnabas Collins on Dark Shadows.

Marko

I only go to TMZ for the most highbrow of reasons. I'm telling everyoe in the Social Register not to visit this sight after such an out of character pun.

Thug Buster

I remember when Harvey Levin was a clown legal reporter for a local new station here in L.A. Now he's a clown website owner who allows his employees to disrespect grieving families. Let's hope when they write Harvey's obit, it contains a lined out snide remark also. As THAT will be veryt fitting for a punk.

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

aww. i loved mr clean...=(

harry

oh i wish he would have had a Life Alert maybe it would or would not have helped.

Atomic Penguin

First off I'd just like to say that everyone who is bitching needs to just cool off. Yes I understand that someone has died, and it is a very sad situation and my heart goes out to the family, but all they were trying to do (as I have also seen with other RIP's that they do) is inject a little humor into the situation. Humor is good for a mourning family. I agree with one of the previous comments that they family probably would get a good chuckle out of it. And think about Mr. Clean himself. Where ever he is right now, do you think he is saying "Damn you TMZ!!!" No! He is probably laughing it up. The joke was funny, so everyone, get over yourselves.... sheesh...

Lynese

i was OBBESSED with him and the commerical when i was a little girl!!

northern gypsy

((( earth to all the H.L. haters))) ok...i get you don't dig the "ammonia" pun...point taken...however...the venom directed toward H.L. is TOXIC and needs to be put in check !!! STOP BEING SUCH TWITS...

:-)

I heard it was his posture.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments