Katie Couric Swats Palin ... with the Economist

10/6/2008 1:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When Katie Couric was spotted in NYC and asked to specifically name the magazines she reads, KC was savvy enough to answer the question (The Economist), crack a joke, and shred Sarah Palin -- all at the same time.
Katie Couric: Click to watch
How's that for "gotcha journalism!?"

your mom

to "ilovecelebritycrap": you scare the hell out of me. for all of us, please, don't procreate.

edonline

Well, CBS can always hire Gov. Palin to replace Katie after the elections since Sarah (Can I call you Sara?) IS a journalism major.

Kitty

Katie is a liberal and extremely biased-she doesn't even try to appear to be impartial. She's always been this way, it's just becoming more and more obvious. You couldn't pay me enough to watch this b*tch on TV.

Roslyn Branch

I feel sorry for Katie's poor daughters. Thank goodness I had a better role model growing up than they ever will. Her husband has probably been doing somersaults in his grave seeing what she has become.

Kay

Couric behaved like a professional on air when it was clear Palin's head was ...... empty. And then Palin took a swipe at her. Who can blame Couric for being annoyed? Palin supposedly got a journalism degree (took her six years and six colleges!) but she can't put a sentence together or pronounce ordinary words.

Nshado

That's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever heard it. Who does she think she is??? Someonehigh and mighty obviously. I think KC is a lousy reporter, with grandeous dreams of being a jerald rivera. Take a look at the celebs supporting Obama lama ding dong, then who is supporting McCain. If for some idiotic reason Obama wins......send in the clowns it's all over.

Triple Play

Katie is a hack.She never was a journalist, her claim to fame was that she hosted a morning show for the lame brains of America. That show had as much substance as she does NONE I am sure that CBS will fire her before the end of the year. She has dropped them to a new low in evening news ratings

Dave the pig

THIS WRINKLED ---- MULE MOUTH BIATCH ---- NEEDS TO SHUT THE EFF UP!!!

CBS IS NO LONGER RELEVANT AND NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH COURIC AND HER WRINKLED, UGLY, HAGGARD SELF READ THE NEWS.

SHE IS PAYING THAT YOUNG GUY SOME BIG BUCKS TO BANG HER ---- BECAUSE HER PUZZY MUST LOOK JUST LIKE HER MOUTH --- WRINKLED AND FILTHY!!!!!

Ned

The liberals would adore Palin is she were on the Obama ticket.

Friggin hypocites! So-called liberal ideology is a sham.

WriteRight

Who knew stick in the ass neo-conservative idiots had this much time to surf TMZ during the day?

First off, what in the hell do looks have to do with this?

Since, Palin LOOKS better than Couric that somehow makes her better???

Are you f*cking serious? I can't believe the crap I'm reading.

All anyone who thinks Palin is smarter than Couric has to do is check either interview she conducted with the kooky, vice-presidential nominee.

Couric made Palin look like like the backwater, no class, air head she is!

What's worse, Couric didn't even have to try!

As far as being more talented, I'm a little hesitant to believe Palin's ability to squeeze out multiple kids and play the flute in a beauty pageant qualify as actual talents when considered next to Couric's years in journalism.

There's even idiot's on here who are calling Obama the Anti-Christ!!!

Imbeciles who claim to be so religious but don't even know their Bible well enough to know that the Anti-Christ is SUPPOSED to take control of the world for a specified period of time as is prophesied in Revelations.

If you know your Bible the way you idiot's profess to, you wouldn't fight against the alleged Anti-Christ rise as it is prophesied to happen by God out of the very book you profess to hold so dear!

Bottom line: If you don't like and support Barack Obama it is never more complicated than that you are sadly, a RACIST!

Cheese925

I wish Katie was the moderator of the debate. Palin wouldn't have been able to get away with not answering the questions. Palin definitely was let off the hook.

WriteRight

Six years and six colleges to get a degree in Journalism and Palin coulnd't string together a coherent sentence if the presidency depended on it.

Wait, it does depend on it and she can't string together a coherent sentence!

What a joke Palin is.

I've yet to make the correlation so many imbeciles on this board keep driving at that you are somehow better, because you are better looking.

If Palin is better than Couric because she's better looking, doesn't it also stand to reason that Obama is better than McCain because he's much, much better looking?

You dumb f*cks just make up the info as you go along!

Triple Play

# 26 White Right. "Too much time to surf TMZ" That expression not only shows your age but your lack of comprehending current events. Get over your self and take your meds

kristen

WriteRight: Yeah, I don't support Obama because I'm a RACIST. stop freaking playing the race card!!!!!!!!! Did you ever think I don't support him because I don't support his policies or his attitude towards America? Oh my gosh..what a concept! I don't give a crap about the color of his skin...he could be rainbow colored for all I care. It seems to me that the only people that care about the color of his skin are the ones who are voting FOR him.

IApproveThisMsg

Dried up old, LYING hag. Hope she is going to enjoy her eternity long accomodations in HELL! She sure earned it!!