S.P.ecial Victim's Unit -- Tom to the Rescue

10/6/2008 10:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Cruise"Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident, it's not like anyone else, it's, you drive past, you know you have to do something about it. You know you are the only one who can really help. That's what drives me." -- Tom Cruise

Tom is driven to help a suppressive person -- in the form of a fallen photog -- who almost ate curb on the streets of Manhattan.

Who's maniacally laughing now?

M

1st. who cares..

Rip It Up

Why would he try? I'm surprised the pap didn't file a lawsuit for fondling.

kate

ok, seriously, as HUMANS we go by an accident and stop and help. is he superman, and trained medically to help? i know in the state of maine us in the medical field must stop and render aid, or we can get in trouble with the law. yet again another brilliant comment from mr cuise

Tamara

Is that Donald Trump?

Melissa

I was in DC this summer and there was a protest going on about Scientology and of course Cruise was their poster child - literally. I really couldn't understand what the stink was about and kept thinking shouldn't you be protesting something more important like the war.

nancy

From the looks of his hair, could this pap be Donald Cruise!?!?!?

willy

Besides beign a great actor, Tom is also a good guy.

two cents

Ha! Ha! Ha! I love you TMZ! That has got to be the funniest story yet. Nothing like Tom staging another perfect photo op. He's such a damn joke.

two cents

Just watch the "cult of scientology" try to do damage control with this story. LOL!! Good luck clams, the Anonymous movement is getting things done.

Susan B.

I'd like to thank TMZ for putting something positive on the site.

It's great to see someone like Tom Cruise helping another person. I may not agree with everything he says, but I respect what he did in this picture.

Think about how different the world would be if we spent our time applauding each other's virtures than slamming each other.

KT

Ok...so if I am reading this quote right only Scientologists will stop to help at an accident scene? The rest of us would just drive by and go on with our lives??????I'm sorry but Scientology doesn't have the market cornered on being a decent human being. All kinds of people stop every day to help others in ways big and small. Being a Scientologist has nothing to do with being helpful and kind.

josh

#9

Agreed.

Sarah

Good Lord....leave this man alone! No matter what he does TMZ is always hating on him! Tom Criuse is a good man, father & actor. Quite refreshing to see a celebrity actually helping someone. I remember a video of Tom & Katie taking the time to stop and talk to a huge fan that is battling cancer. His religion may be bizarre, but Tom Criuse is a geniune, caring person !

northern gypsy

sorry...T.C. (YOUR A FANATIC) no amount of good deeds will ever convince me that you don't have a hidden agenda !!!

J

He did what any normal person would do. If someone were to fall, do you walk past them ...No. And if you did, then do you feel guilty afterward? If helping someone is a sign of a nutcase then there needs to be more of them around. Who cares what religion he is ? At least he believes in something and it looks like his children are normal. Compared to a lot of other children of stars.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments