Madge and Guy -- Officially Splitsville

10/15/2008 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Madonna and Guy Ritchie are divorcing, their rep has confirmed.

"Madonna and Guy Ritchie have agreed to divorce after seven-and-a-half years of marriage. They have both requested that the media maintain respect for their family at this difficult time," says a statement given to the AP.

The joint statement from Madge and Guy's reps emphasizes the couple haven't agreed to any kind of settlement. We're told by sources in London and NYC the matter will most likely be hashed out in London, even though Madge could move to bring the matter to the US if she wanted.

Just to set the scene, Madonna is in Boston, Guy is in the UK, and A-Rod was last spotted in L.A.

The Ritchies are splitting up after 8 years of marriage.

Story developing ...

Barfalufugus

Didn't the little boy David's parents want him back and Madge wouldn't give him up? I could be wrong on this, but that is what I can remember hearing for some reason.

me

Wtf took him so long????

Liz

Karma is a bigger b!tch than she is!

GGG

It's about time. Guy has been unhappy for a long time.

There is no such thing as reality tv

LOL-TMZ called this one months ago. Guess Madonna and A-Rod will get together now that they have dumped or were dumped by there spouses.

Queen of the Damned

How can she move this matter to the US when she and Guy were married in the UK under British law? And their son was born in the UK? Why would she want our court system to help her when she renounced (and denounced) this country and fled to England?

Lara

Good for Guy! He deserves much better! I always wondered what he saw in her. What a skank she is!

This is my Boom Stick

That's okay Madonna! You'll find another man REAL quick. I just hope she doesn't go for A-Rod. I think he's ugly and seems somewhat boring. She needs to hook up with someone fun.

I also don't think she's all that bad of a person as it appears she's been able to maintain a somewhat friendly relationship with her exes. It is sad though. I thought these two'd be going the distance. They made a very handsome couple.

MB

... Another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust!

Glisten Garbor

Yay!! Guy's getting his 'nads back..Woohooooo!!!! Congrats!!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

A divorce is usually something you see coming for a long time -- so they must have known their marriage was in trouble when they adopted that child. Who would adopt a child when there is a possibility they will be splitting up?

Alexa

Is it me or did he always look bored when he was with her?

Congrats

Congrats Guy. Now get a woman your own age who will respect you. Madonna is disrespectful to anyone and everyone.

Moneymaker

Wow - talk about reaping some bad karma. Seems like her jerky behavior is finally catching up. I used to like her but with this current tour focusing on McCain/Palin bashing in the extreme, I don't want to give her another dime. By the looks of her, it seems like she's turning in to a hate filled killing machine. Unfortunately, she's turned into her own man and doesn't appear to need Guy or any other man. Too bad her poor kids can't shed her tired gross ass too.

tom