John Rich -- Two Fights in Two Nights

10/17/2008 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Rich has a serious history of violence -- we've learned the singer was involved in another fight 24 hours before this morning's bloody hotel smackdown.

Here's the deal --fight #1 took place Wednesday night at the Saddle Ranch on the Sunset Strip, which is across the street from the Mondrian where Rich was staying.

Rich told cops he was minding his own business when a lady he was talking to went to the restroom -- and suddenly he was socked in the ear by some random dude.

John made a citizen's arrest and when the cops showed up, Chris Poggi -- the alleged assailant -- was arrested.

Rich went to bed, woke up the next day, and then somewhere in there, fight #2 happened.

Barfalufugus

Ooops .... didn't mean jick - meant hick. My bad!

tatata

Well he does have an old school cdillac limo with longhorns on the front and that is not meant to be a joke.

in the know

And this is John Rich

Country Singer John Rich Compares Homosexuality To Incest

Posted Oct 29th 2007 2:58PM by Ada Calhoun
Filed under: gay marriage, Music

Musician John Rich, of country duo Big and Rich, said on the Steve Gill radio show (loooong MP3 clip here) that he supported Fred Thompson for president because he agreed with him on issues like gay marriage. Rich said of the institution:

"I think if you legalize that, you've got to legalize some other things that are pretty unsavory. You can call me a radical, but how can you tell an aunt that she can't marry her nephew if they are really in love and sharing the bills? How can you tell them they can't get married, but something else that's unnatural can happen?"

Ah, yes, the "it will lead to incest and/or bestiality" anti-gay marriage argument. It's been a while since that old chestnut was trotted out.

Rich later issued this statement: "My earlier comments on same-sex marriage don't reflect my full views on the broader issues regarding tolerance and the treatment of gays and lesbians in our society. I apologize for that and wish to state clearly my views. I oppose same-sex marriage because my father and minister brought me up to believe that marriage is an institution for the union of a man and a woman. However, I also believe that intolerance, bigotry and hatred are wrong. People should be judged based on their merits, not on their sexual orientation. We are all children of God and should be valued and respected."

Despite his furious back-tracking, he did call homosexuality "unnatural" and compare it to incest, and we're thinking Big & Rich's gay and gay-friendly fans (we know some!) aren't going to forget this.

And yet, we also have a feeling he's not going to feel a quarter the blow-back the Dixie Chicks did for questioning the President . . .

Barfalufugus

What a tool. I wish he would be impaled on one of those horns in a most uncomfortable place.

On a more serious note, shouldn't there be a drunken celebrity rolling around in the bushes in a puddle of their own sick right about now? Hell, I would even settle for LiLo andher Oompah-Loompah tan right about now.

Princess Ali Baba

Am I dumb or who the F**K is john rich??? never heard of the loser!

Sin D

stoopid hick should not drink...and stay in the trailer park

getitright

#6 - Ever heard the line, dont believe everything you read about Hollywood? The story you just wrote is not the facts on what happend, the situation was taken out of content and yes I know this for a fact as I am related to Jerry. To everyone else that says he wasn't in Danzig or Hell Yeah, read the covers - YES HE WAS! TMZ is not reporting the actual story here, plain and simple its all about creating something for attention. He's not pressing charges for a reason people.

Mitsy

Okay - everone talks about how "little" John Rich is - how little is he?

EZ does it

You can take the White Trash out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the White Trash!!!!

susan morris

john rich did start the fight that tato ass hole starded by socked him in the ear. That is a puussy eney no one likes him at all. I think john is hotter than he is. That guy should be arrested not john. I cryed when i heard it.

Michael

I read these comments about small Men, funny I am not a big guy and I grew up in construction, was respected by my brothers in arms in the Military, after the service I was a floor bouncer in a large nightclub in the south.
I wear a cowboy hat but am not a sissy, and I don't have one that hangs to my knees, but it certainly is not small,
you perhaps should not mouth off so much about shorter guys .

2082 days ago

jack

The first song John Rich recorded in now available on ebay. It includes a picture of John when he was 16 years old.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3