When You Care Enough to Infect the Very Best

10/22/2008 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Holy herpes! Now you can find out the real reason why you keep getting that annoying burning sensation.

There's a non-profit organization called inSpotLA that allows users to send ecards anonymously to inform their sexual partner(s) or former partner(s) that they have an STD. Nothin' says lovin' like a rash in the morning!

Hey, it's better to know than not to know.

jerry

# One.... ahhhh who cares..

me

I'm affraid to check my mail now... Thanks.

Pepperdine Provost Darryl Tippens

I can't believe this! I need to get my hands on some of these right away!

nsaustin

Yuck-- Another sinister plan from the medical industry! I can see mean and nasty people sending these just to scare the crap out of people!

not2breckonedwith

Wow....now I've seen it all. Imagine if Hallmark had a card section for these....titled "the gift that keeps on giving".

RAVEN

Now you know this is going to turn into a major problem, don't ya??? People sending these things randomly as a joke (as sick as that is!!) are going to freak out a hell of a lot of people!!

2drk2fck

Jesus herpes doesnt need an invite it just shows up. AIDS ok I can see the need but its a mighty easy way to freak the hell out of a lot of people by jerks that are just fing around on the internet.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Yes and I'm sending that I have HIV to my enemies!

whoahellwhole

TACKINESS..and a nightmare.

OnPoint

Thing is .... if you choose to have "relations" w/folk, protect yourself. Nothing says lovin like a good ole' burning and or itching sensation the morning after ..... could also be accompanied by a funny odor .... bottom line .... use protection on all levels ..... you don't know where they've been before you and it's not likely that they'll tell ya .....

whoahellwhole

like the medical if it is an industry hasn't made enough money leeching off of people.

Rocco and David

Most won't like this - but try NOT sleeping around with anyone and everyone - EVER think of that!!!! It's a sure-fire cure.

Monica

Jesse Pollack of Portland, Oregon has genital herpes.

Adrienne

This is the most thoughtless campaign I have ever seen, now I am going to have to send them an email, anonymously of course lol.

Adrienne

Ok, I sent them an email with my concerns about the misuse of their site, this is what I got back
-----------------------
Misuse of the site is prohibited, but the anonymous/confidential nature of the site cannot be maintained if records are kept regarding the persons sending or receiving e-cards. We do not collect any identifying information about the ecard senders or recipients, nor the personal messages that may be added to the cards.

We strongly encourage people to use the site responsibly. However, we do not assume liability for use/misuse of the site by any individual. We urge anyone receiving these e-cards to use their own good judgment in seeking medical attention and urge anyone who is sexually active to be examined regularly for STDs.

- The inSPOT.org staff