Supermodel Iman

Good Genes or Good Docs?

10/26/2008 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As a supermodel Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid Bowie, aka Iman, knows how to give good face, but is it all hers?

Iman
Here's the 20-year-old Somalian beauty at the beginning of her career in 1975 (left) -- and the 53-year-old version at a NYC event on Thursday (right).

Apparently, aging is not in this season.

More Good Genes or Good Docs:

not2breckonedwith

Who cares? As long as it looks natural and not horrendous like that so-called "blond bombshell" story you did on Melanie Griffith.

not2breckonedwith

Not trying to sound politically incorrect, but black females normally do not suffer with an early onset of age spots and wrinkles. Could be that they spend less time in the sun and tanning. I think it is clearly natural.

not2breckonedwith

It looks real. She has laugh lines (is that what you call it) around her mouth now and her face doesn't look tight as if it had been lifted uncountable times. Keep up the good work!

not2breckonedwith

That first picture is ugly. I guess she was on a modeling job in that one...but whoever did her make up should be shot. Not a good pic to compare. She might have had some work done. Who knows with these hollywood types.

icydanger

Make up has a lot to do with her appearance:
In the first pic, she has white under her eyes, over chocolate fondations, her lips are chocolate.
Second pic is copper and a different lighting. She probably keeps more from the sun and has good genes imao

DeepFreeze3

It's well known that she's had a tit job, so who knows what else she's had done to herself?

laff234

YEP! Her eyes are beady from all the botox!

kerrybabyxx

she looks like she maybe using a skin lightener cream.stunning in the newest pic

tba

Toria

Adrienne

Skin bleaching? Skin lightner? Wow, now that's a stretch. For the record, Blacks darken just like Whites after exposure to the sun. I know plenty of Black people who literally change shades from the summer months to the winter months. So, the first picture could have been taken after Iman had been exposed to the sun. After all, she did live in Africa prior to coming to the US. I have an aunt who moved to Africa and lived there for 5 yrs. When she came home for a visit she was several shades darker. Her hair had also become a bright red color in several spots. She said the temperatures where she lived reached 107 degrees daily. The change in color was soley due to her exposure to the sun. I also had a friend who is lighter than me who moved to Florida. When she came home for a visit, she was actually darker than I am. She too had changed color by a couple of shades due to sun exposure. Although Blacks don't normally get tans on purpose like Whites do, they do tan after prolonged exposure to the sun. And as for using skin "whiteners", all FDA approved products only contain only 2% hydroquione which lightens dark patches. They do not however, "whiten" skin. I should know since I use them to lighten dark patches caused by acne and age. I doubt someone as beautiful as Iman, and of African heritage, wants to be WHITE. That's an insult not only to her but all people of color!

not2breckonedwith

11. It appears she got the Michael Jackson skin bleaching treatment....give her another 10 years and she'll be white.

Posted at 7:16AM on Oct 26th 2008 by tba

I turn darker in the summer and lighter in the winter. Come on now, you can't be that dumb. Some of you are paler than MJ if you didn't keep up with all that tanning.

not2breckonedwith

12. How is it 84% believe Marisa Tomei has good genes but only 37% believe Iman does? Wow, could it be most of the people voting are WHITE? Blacks don't age at the same rate as Whites due to their darker skin tone. And, the fact Blacks don't spend as much time in the sun. Whites are the ones who use Botox and have plastic surgery to correct every little wrinkle. I've never read about a Black actress or entertainer who has had plastic surgery or botox, but have read about plenty of White ones who have. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've met a White woman who I thought was in her 40s only to find out she was in her 20s or 30s! I've actually seen White women whose skin had the look of dried leather from too much sun. Yuck! Blacks don't fear aging the way Whites do. Blacks embrace wrinkles and gray hair and resfuse to spend thousands of dollars trying to look younger than they are. The older Black women I know wear their gray hair proudly while the White women dye their hair blonde even when they're in their 70s! And, pile on tons of makeup trying to look half their age. Iman may have had procedures done but I for one, am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say her good looks are due to genes. Not, plastic surgery. Like they say, "black don't crack." LOL

Posted at 7:23AM on Oct 26th 2008 by Victoria

Yeah....look at Tina Turner. Gorgeous at her age! And Angela Bassett. The first poster is right, look at Melanie Griffith....just horrible looking

not2breckonedwith

If you stay out in the sun, tanning by the time you hit mid 40's it starts to show....and not for the better. Some people, regardless of race, age gracefully and others not so much. It's more so about how one takes care of their skin when they were younger.

shebakescheesecakes.com

She has aged very well. She is beautiful

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments