« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Big John Daly Snookered at Hooters

10/29/2008 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Golf trainwreck John Daly allegedly got so trashed at a North Carolina Hooters cops had to haul him off to the local hoosegow.

According to the Winston-Salem police report, Daly passed out at a Hooters on Sunday. Medics tended to him but Daly refused to go to the hospital. Cops took him to the station for his own safety.

According to the report, first obtained by Fox Winston-Salem, "Officers placed him in custody for a 24 hour sober up."

The incident further proves Chris Rock's theory that no one goes to Hooters for wings.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Barfalufugus

Passed out in a Hooters? Pathetic!

Mindy

WHO? I thought TMZ reported celebrity gossip...who's this clown?

Choppy McButtstink

Hooters is one of Daly's sponosors. They should have covered this up.

artie help

this is what he gets payed for. A job well done johnny boy.

CLN N SBR

So sad to see such talent destroyed by such a powerful drug as alcohol. C'mon John Beat this demon!!!! I did 10 years clean! If ya need me to caddy let me know

Barfalufugus

Did he stay sober long enough to get his hotwings order? I hear that Hooters does make a mean hotwing.

Anyway, I always have a problem with servers who continue to serve drinks to people that are that wasted. Sure, allow the man to dump a bunch of booze into himself and then when he makes a drunken scene, ask him to leave. Good stategy, Hooters! Good call *eye roll*.

At least he didn't end up driving anywhere that night.

Barfalufugus

Oh, and by the way, I hope his server that evening learns four important words out of this fiasco : You are cut off.

kml

John Daly Rules... besides tiger, he makes golf interesting

George I Think I Got It

John Daly is the shiznit but it is sad to see him in this situation. I would LOVE to party with him though!

Goldie Hand

AA WORKS FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE BUT THE DRUNK HAS TO WANT HELP. HE APPARENTLY HASNT HAD ENOUGH 'FUN' YET

Sheck

Its going to take more than 24hours to sober this guy up. If its someone who needs professional help its him. So much talent and so little brains. By the way i like the guy he just keeps screwing up.

NC golfer

I did not realize that was John on the floor; I thought a table had tipped over.

Reality

John Daly is awesome, never forgets his fans. Get well pal!

The Observer

I can't take much more of this. I think it's time for a protest. Cirrhosis, anyone?

YES WE CAN

Listen, John Daly is a drunk and I love it. A drunk with money is like a trainwreck. Forget this bum.........why didnt he help Jennifer Hudsons family? Maybe HE IS THE CAUSE of that crime.Lets see.....who else can we blame.....????
John Daly for Prez......YES HE CAN YES HE CAN