Drug Raid

At Hudson Murder House in 2002

10/29/2008 6:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained court documents in Chicago that show how the lives of the people in the Hudson murder tragedy have intersected.

We've obtained arrest reports and other docs in connection with a sting operation in Chicago. On March 4, 2002, Chicago cops targeted Jason Hudson, Jennifer's murdered brother, and Gregory King, the father of Julian, the murdered 7-year-old boy. Both men allegedly sold crack cocaine to a registered informant. Cops then raided the very home where Jason was murdered last week. According to documents, Jason, Gregory and Julia (Jennifer's sister) were all arrested.

Julia was never charged with a crime. Jason was charged with cocaine trafficking, but the main count was dismissed in 2004 because the judge ruled police conducted an illegal search. During that hearing, Jennifer's mom had to choose whether to go to Hollywood to watch her daughter on "American Idol" or be in court...she chose the latter.

Gregory was convicted. Jason agreed to enroll in a drug abuse program and the less serious remaining charge was dismissed.

Cops say Jason and Gregory were affiliated with the gang, Gangster Disciples. That's the same gang that William Balfour, the "person of interest" was in. The lawyer who repped Jason told TMZ cops often jumped to conclusions and assumed people in that neighborhood were gang members.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

al loanese

MAN JULIA WAS TROUBLE FROM THE START...SHE IS AS RESPONSIBLE AS BALFOUR...SHE CAME ACROSS AS A MOTHER WHO REALLY DIDNT PROTECT HER CHILD, MOTHER. JASON & JULIA PALYED WITH FIRE AND NOW THEIR FAMILY HAD TO PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE....THERE WILL BE MORE TO THIS STORY THEN MEETS THE EYE...I TRULY BELIEVE THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN JENNIFER TOO IF SHE HAD BEEN THERE.......JULIA I HOPE YOU HAVE SOME SENSE OF REMORSE, BECAUSE AS I SEE IT...YOU & JASON ARE THE CAUSE FOR YOUR LOVELY MOTHER AND THAT BEAUTIFUL CHILD DEATH!!!!

Chelsie

The Hudson family keeps looking better and better.....

Melissa

Shock and Awe

Not really. Sounds like this family was headed for this kind of disaster from the moment they were born.

adroc27

Wow! Could drugs be the reason Jens brother, mother & nephew are dead?? Hmmm

Barfalufugus

Way to live up to the stereotype!

whatever

COME ON TMZ IS THIS REALLY NESCERY TAKING OUT TRASH OVER A DEAD PERSON

Melissa

Hey Gurl - Drag them through the mud. Maybe people will see what drugs can do to a family.

RIP

Ahh yeah gang members..Didn't you see Julia's last post on her myspace regarding her brother Jason"He was TRUE BLUE"

grnbeetle

Not at all surprised. It's a miracle that Jennifer got out of there and became successful. Her mom must have done something right with her. The others? Not so much.

Delicious

on Julia's myspace she says I GUESS IT'S TIME TO UPDATE THIS WHEN I STARTED MY MYSPACE ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS TRUE , NOW BECAUSE I CHOSE TO DO WHAT WAS NATURAL TO ME AND LOVE SOMEONE , IT COST ME MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. Her text were all in cap letters.... I'm sure their is more to the story, she must know something...

omggggggggggg2

is anyone surprised by this finding?????
just because a member of your family went on American Idol and won an Oscar just meant she escaped what she was born into, let's not drag her into this mess or gang banging drug trafficking mess.....
the only person i really pity is Jennifer, and I'm not even a fan....the rest are all so shady...

Melissa

I wonder if this how Jennifer lost all that weight.

I told ya soooooo

Good morning world! Duh... like it takes investigations to find out what kind of family this is. Crack heads & hoes. Like honestly why isn't Julia in jail already? Her baby daddy too! I think birds of a feather flock together , hence... throw them all in jail!

Adrienne

Posted at 5:39PM on Oct 29th 2008 by SourApple
---------------------------

It's like she's stalking him, like she can't stop talking about William, loving him etc., Julian seemed like an after-thought

I wonder if Julia had a gunshot residue test

Sugarbee

RE:
#9. is anyone surprised by this finding?????

Posted at 5:40PM on Oct 29th 2008 by omggggggggggg2

I could not have said it any better myself.. I feel exactly the same. I to was barely aware of Jennifer Hudson before this happened. Since, I have watched a few interviews and such on youtube. I think she was better then the thug life she was born into and she found her way out. And I hope the grief and loss from this isn't too much that she can't continue the road she has been on the past few years. I hurt for the poor girl and can only imagine what she must be going through.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments