Joaquin to Cash Out His Mansion

10/31/2008 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joaquin Phoenix isn't just retiring from Hollywood (**cough, BS, cough**) -- sources tell us, he's moving the hell out too!
Launch photos
We're told Joaquin just put his 3,200 sq. ft. Hollywood Hills home on the market through realtor.com. The four-bedroom, five-bath home comes with a swimming pool and a hot tub -- all for just $3,975,000.

Small price to pay to make sure there isn't a sequel to "The Village."

JJ

Good actor; sorry to see him go.

jr70895

Probably more to the story than is being told. He will be back, perhaps just taking a break, movies stars make tons of money have too good a life for someone to just walk away from.

not2breckonedwith

Wish I could buy that mansion. It's gorgeous!

just my input

the only thing i don't get is.....if he is such a die-hard vegitarian, then why is there an animal rug in the bedroom? I'm sure it's a fake one, but doesn't that still represent teh killing of an animal? Just wondering.

I'm in love with john

No #5 as long as it's NOT real its ok.

Word2UrMother

Come on, he's done more movies than just "The Village", he is a great actor...
I suppose IF I were famous and had the STALKeratizzi (sp?) following me to take photos all the time, I would move away also...

nira k

Out of the Hills to Malibu? Calabasas?

not Joaquin's

umh... This was actually Joaquin's agent home.
His agent, Iris Burton, died in april and the house has been on sale since june.

greeneyedlass

Hey if he wants to leave acting to pursue other interests more power to him!! I love Joaquin as an actor and I for one will miss seeing him on the big screen, but I think it's great that he's branching out to follow other passions too. How many of us would like to be able to do that? I kow I would. From what I can tell he's never really been all that into the "Hollywierd" scene to begin with. Fortunately acting has most likely allowed him to amass enough money to be able to pursue other things...and that very well could be why he's selling this mansion too, he doesn't NEED it.

Lori

I say good for him!! Smart move on his part. He made his money and is cashing out from the fake tinsel world. More power to him. I wish him the best!! I like him especially when he played Johnny Cash. Great actor!

Joanne

I wish him the best of luck in whateve he is going to pursue in life. Like the other poster said, How many of us would like to be able to do something else with our lives, but are unable to... You go, Boy!! Hope he gets married, though...

orchidgirlFL

I was totally swept away by this actor in "Gladiator ". Although Russel Crow was the star of that movie, I feel that tormented and intense Joaquin Phoenix almost stole the show.
Actually , this house looks quite modest by ostentatious "nouveau riche" Hollywood standards.

Adrienne

If he doesn't sober up soon he'll be dead like his brother, probably selling to pay for the drug habit

SuzyCreamCheese

Love Him, hated the village too though. What a huge waste of money.
Don't blame him a bit for the exit of La La land.

Confused

This is not Joaquin's house that is featured. The LA GALAXY coach Rudi Gullit purchased this home in April 2008 and turned back around and put it on the market in June of 2008. I'm not sure where Joaquin's house truely is, but the one pictured is not it. If he ever lived here, it was years ago.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments