Oprah to ABC: It's Not You, It's Me

11/8/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OprahLady Oprah has finally grown past the relationship she has with ABC, and now may be ready to do her own thing.

Reports have surfaced saying Oprah will be joining forces with Discovery Communications to form the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) which promises a brand new potpourri of fuzzy, cuddly, safe for everyone programming that tests high in both heart-warming and heart-wrenching categories.

David Zaslav, Discovery's president and CEO says, "The expectation is that after [the 2010-11 season] her show will go into syndication, and she will come to OWN."

Harpo Productions responded saying, "While David Zaslav's comments are true that Oprah's current contract to produce 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' will expire in 2011, she has not made a final decision as to whether she will continue her show in syndication beyond that."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JJ

WONDERFUL....SHE CAN SPREAD MORE DISCONTENT & BIAS UNDER THE GUISE OF "PROGRAMING".
JUST WONDERFUL.

moveover

After making a total idiot of heself on the show after the election ... I hope she goes off to cable and does her thing there.She no class. (and I'm a Barack supporter, by the way!)

Mik

Liberals are so full of themselves.

Toby Christensen

Wow.
Saucy and Sassy.
One her OWN network.

Wonder when she will give Black Jesus his OWN show.

And his Predator-looking wife, too.

2090 days ago

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

After watching the evolution of OPRAH over these past few years , and how she has used her vast fortune buying the White House , it gives me a second thought about TYRA BANKS and her rise to MOGUL status, maybe we should ALL rethink these KING MAKERS , and the power we give them by watching their programms. imo

Rhonda

Oprah Winfrey is the anti-christ. When will she finally come out of closet with her girlfriend Gayle. Obama should come out as well, we know why the "first ho" is so angry.

snowwhite

I am also an Obama supporter but can't stand Noprah with her big head. It has been ages since I watched her show and most people I know can't stand her either!

Obama will feel obligated to kowtow to this fat cow for the money and celebrity she donated to his campaign.
Obama didn't need Noprah to get elected, Sad that he didn't have the confidence to leave her out of the picture!

And another thing that really pisses me off is that the colored people are acting as if Obama owes them big time and seem to have forgot that whites and hispanic also elected him as their president!

Obama says he wants to unite the people and America but the colored people will continue to create discord and dissention . It's already started and let's hope to God it doesn't spiral out of control. We elected Obama to take us FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS!!!

Becky

I was watching some footage - not even sure what it was from, but Obama was on stage, his wife on one side, Oprah on the other and he turns and hugs Oprah before his wife. Wonder if it was a cold night in the Obama house that night!

Heather

Hey TMZ are you sure its ABC? I thought her contract was with NBC. If it's ABC wouldn't her show be on that channel instead of NBC?

barry Gordy is genius

BLOGGERS #2,5 AND 8. STOP YOUR DRAMA.
GROW UP

barry Gordy is genius

blogger #9 is gay.

Luke Warmwater

#11 I believe her show is syndicated so any station that wants to air her show can buy it.

deezeey

I am an Obama supporter also but......I have to admit, I never cared much for Oprahs talk show but now its just downright painful to watch. She is acting crazier than the infamous Tom Cruise incident. It takes everything I got to not toss my cookies everytime she asks one of her guests where they were when the election happened. Shut the hell up already. It's celebrities like her that really need to realize he was voted in because America needs change and not just to satisfy the "need" for a black man!!

RReedy

Excuse me while I go throw up...everyone I know is sick of her & hasn't tuned in to watch her show. Magazine sub. have been cancelled. and you are going to see her audience get blacker and blacker as she loses her white viewers. We just do't care anymore.

RReedy