Dead Woman Former "Idol" Wannabe

11/12/2008 1:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman found dead in front of Paula Abdul's house last night was a featured contestant on "American Idol."
Paula Goodspeed: Click to watch
We've learned the identity of the dead woman, Paula Goodspeed, who appeared on Season 5 in 2006. During her audition she said she's an artist and the first pic she ever drew was of Paula Abdul. "Idol" produced a 3 minute and 40 second featurette on Goodspeed and her passion for Paula. She did not make the cut, after Ryan Seacrest proclaimed, "And the love affair is over."

eyesnot

this chick had another run in a few y ears ago with paula. anyone remember?

Mom-ee

I feel so sorry for this girl. I remember watching her on AI and thinking she was a bit off. Like she was gorgeous but there was something crazy about her. We joked about it actually. That she had on to many accesories. I can't really explain it what Iwas thinking but that she was pretty but crazy. She had on so much crap and she had these what look like implants and braces and it was all too much. Like what a crazy person would wear.
Well RIP I am sure the crazy thing was too hard for her. I hope Paula has no guilt though. YOu cannot be responsible for others insanity. The thing that keeps baffling me is Britney lost her kids and her money for nothing really. Yet this girl kept acting crazy and no one did anything to stop her. Seems unfair right?

HeyPardner

It's very sad that this girl felt her only choice was to take her own life. Mental illness, despair, heartbreak, depression, lack of self-esteem/self-awareness, improper nutrition - so many things could have been contributing factors to her desperate act. While I personally don't watch "reality" shows; I do understand that much of the viewing public enjoys them. I also am not personally acquainted with the young woman, Paula Abdul or the Idol show and did not care to watch the video embedded with this story as there has been enough of the 'worst auditions contestants' stuff on television since the inception of this program. I find it painful & humiliating to be exposed to that level of television and much prefer to watch something interesting. That's why they have so many channels now, to give us all choices to watch things we enjoy. I prefer exercising my brain to shows like "Idol", but hey, if it's your bag, enjoy yourself!

Scott

God bless her!

Such a sad situation. It pains me to know that she (or anyone else) is so full of torment that they feel suicide is their only option.

We should all be careful how we react to one another; you never know what's really going on within a persons mind. Empathy and kindness goes a long way.

R.Zimmerman

Wait. Are you saying that this might be the first openly lesbo-love celebrity stalker suicide? Wow.

Metal Mouth

The tongue weighs practically nothing, but so few can hold it. I hope simon and others who get satisfaction from belittling others learn that words cut like knifes and there little brains can ruin lifes.

blaksadlk

Omg guysss.
does spelling really matter that much to
you ?

Dee Howe

Well, you CAN force someone to get help. When a person is a danger to themselves or someone else, you get the judicial system or the police involved. They can get that person a 72 hour stay in a pshch ward for diagnosis, and the psych ward can then determine and report to a judge whether or not this person is a threat to themselves or anybody else.
Obviously she lived in a fantasy world, and self medicating doesn't help that situation.
Sad, but at least she it is over, and maybe there are shrinks in Heaven.

Yvonne

Paula Goodspeed could not sing at all. I'm sure she had a mental problem, but the judges didn't know that. There are some contestants that act worse than she did after they get their comments. But they don't come back and stalk them or commit suicide. If they are not ready to take criticism about their singing then they shouldn't audition. The judges were right for not putting her through to the next round. I think Simon is right majority of the time about his critiques, but he shouldn't talk about their physical attributes. Randy and Paula don't do that. She couldn't help it because she had braces on her teeth. I'm just wondering why her parents or other family members didn't help her concentrate on her other talents. She could dress, dance, and draw.

Marcus

What TMZ was really thinking....

"One whack job down, plenty more to go.."

TMZ, you s*ck