Molly Ringwald -- Jazz Legend?

11/19/2008 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Yes, you read that correctly.
Molly Ringwald
Molly Ringwald, of "Breakfast Club" fame, is performing tonight at the redwhite+bluezz jazz club in Pasadena, Calif. as part of their Living Legends series. Living? Sure. Legend? Eh ...

According to her IMDB bio, by the time she was six years old, she had recorded an album of Dixieland jazz with her father and his group, the Fulton Street Jazz Band. She's now 40.

troh

Sure it's not the 'Jizz Legend'?

VioletteUK

Hope her singing is better than her acting...

I'm just sayin'

deezeey

You can tell the mentality and the age group of the people that have responded so far...........I don't know about her "Jazz" playing but I do know that she was the star of some of the most unforgettable teen movies of the 80's!! You go Molly!!!!

double E

i'm with deezeey on this one. i may be younger than molly but i also have an IQ higher than a puppy mill dog (which is more than I can say for most of TMZ readers- which is a shame since TMZ actually has pretty funny well written posts - by the writers, not the readers.

my two cents

Don't disrespect Molly. She is a cool chic.

N

I have always thought she was great, and her films in the 80s set the tone for an entire generation.
I don't know how she can be considered a legend, but its' making people pay attention, so maybe there is a reason behind presenting it that way.....

kan

"brainy blonde" vs "i also have an IQ higher than a puppy mill dog", & "...funny well written posts - by the writers, not the readers." I'm trying to reconcile your self descriptions, but I need additional information: 1) How much higher than a puppy mill dog? 2) Are you a reader or a writer?

ldh

I grew up in Sacramento California and for years Molly performed with her father and his Jazz band her and still as she got older came bck for the Jazz Festival every now and then. She is a very talented singer. She also starred in Caberet on Broadway and the traveling production.

All Of Them Be Infected

Next up in the series: Jazz legend Florence Henderson.

Dalilah

Will BLAYYYYYYNE be there too?

Mariah

She looks great. Period. She didn't get too into the scene in her heyday and at least was never busted for DWI's, flashed her bits, etc. like some of the modern day "Brat packers".

Dalilah

A complete bitch!

PrettyInPink

Molly's great! She's been in a few Broadway shows and is a very talented singer.

wow

for crying out loud. I am a working jazz musician. I am sick and tired of someone like her being listed as a "jazz legand"
I've heard her sing and she is okay. She doesn't sound like a frickin jazz singer. Put a pop groove behind her and it would be pop music... GAHHH!! She'll get paid a pile to do that and be listed as a legand and she is so far from a jazz legand or even jazz muscian it makes my head hurt. The sad thing is nobody knows the difference between blues, jazz, r&b, dixieland, New Orleans Etc music. DAMN thats annoying.

Kris

I also grew up in Sacramento, California. My older brother was in the same class as Molly. He's 44. There's no way she's 40.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments