« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bret "The Hitman" Had His Hart Ripped Out

11/20/2008 10:49 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bret "The Hitman" Hart used to say he was "The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be" -- but yesterday in DC, it was clear someone's come to a sad realization since his days in the WWF.
Bret Hart: Click to watch
This may be some of the most depressing video we've ever shot.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

HA HA

I liked when he popped Vince in the head..........

Happyface1234

He was a great performer. You would be depressed if the one thing you loved and did for a living killed your brother! I love Bret Hart!

Oceanic07

That...that really was hard to watch. Your reporter should feel shame... Brett was clearly aware of what was going on and the statements by your reporter were more cruel than anything. You know.. I used to have fun at this site but after seeing that today.. I just don't feel like finding amusment in other people's business anymore. there's got to be a line drawn somewhere. You kicked him when he was down. Like many others.

fred

The guy had a stroke...that's why he acts the way he does.

Jane

TMZ - you are just the most heartless group of people:

[edit] 2002 stroke
On June 23, 2002, Bret Hart suffered a minor stroke after hitting his head in a bicycle accident. The Calgary Herald reported that Hart hit a pothole, flew over the handlebars of the bike, and landed on the back of his head. Hart suffered total paralysis on his left side, which required months of physical therapy. Hart has since recovered much of his mobility and is in good health, although he suffers from an emotional imbalance and other lasting effects common to stroke survivors. Hart wrote in detail about his stroke in his autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life In The Cartoon World of Wrestling.[93]

Me

"Hey, like, you know, Bret, hey man, like, you gonna have some lunch here at the mall? Hey, did you used to have lunch when you were a star? Really? So like, you had lunch then, too? Cool...that's cool, Bret. Wait, lemme think of what other brilliant things I can say to you now that I've found you. Uhh..."

I didn't know he had had a stroke. But that's okay....even with a stroke, he still has more heart and soul and intelligence than your staff that couldn't get hired anywhere else will ever have.

laclaire

....and just when you think TMZ can't stoop any lower.....Voila!

This was enough for me. I feel pretty ashamed that I've visited and supported your website for the past year. Your harrassment of celebrities, their children, and exploitation of people for the sake of sensationalism....and in the name of journalism? will continue (I'm sure) without my participation.

Don

Depressing? For who? He seemed fine with me. Shoot some footage of the Iron Shiek. Now THAT'S depressing. Just ask that ECW chick that got it on with Torrie Wilson's dad...whatsherface. Dawn Marie! That's it!

GypsyLaura

I just wanted to grab a blanket and hold him. He has had such pain and heartache in his life. Who was the commentator?
I want to see you interview him on some stuff that has hurt him. He lost a brother, had a stroke. Where is that blanket..I need to go hold him.

sohambliss

TMZ and the paps in general justify their existence by saying celebrities are 'public domain'- while this may be true in some cases is it really true with the hitman? Isn't it possible that someone doesn't want to be famous? or heaven forbid they don't give a grap about the public and want to be left alone- what then do they owe us? TMZ- shame for thinking people are impressed with your sloppy disregard for privacy and your blatant lack of research.

Don

He said he's the best there was. He's retired and there are others wrestlers out there that are as good or better (ok, maybe not - Bret was the Excellence of Execution). He's being humble. Nothing wrong with being humble. That's something the Hogans know nothing about.

Channa

JUST WHEN YOU THINK TMZ HAS HIT ROCK BOTTOM, THE GO EVEN LOWER !!

Your reporter should be ashamed. Bret Hart has medical issues and your site and reporter made a ASS out of himself,

All of you there ar TMZ are coldf, callas and heartless, and have ice water not blood in your viens..

Bret in his time was THE BEST..Too bad you can not say your reporter in his prime was THE BEST, You give a bad rap to reporters, all of you are just bottom feeders

northern gypsy

thxs ... #3 & #5
for setting the record straight...the hart family have had allot of tragedy in their lives...all things considered...B.H. look's great...

THE CRIDDLER

Bret hart is the man.

stoopit

wow, just when I thought TMZ couldn't go much lower... Congrats you have far surpassed my original disappointment and disgust with your "reporting" skills.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments