She Screwed You ... Yeah Yeah Yeah!!

11/20/2008 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tom HanksTom Hanks is being dragged into the middle of a legal war over The Beatles.

Tom's wife, Rita Wilson, just had to have a 1962 vintage Beatles poster priced at $75,000 as a gift for Hanks.

According to legal papers filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Wilson agreed to ante up -- provided the seller, Melissa Pearl, coughed up a certificate of authenticity. When Pearl came up dry, Wilson said she would bail on the deal.

That's when Pearl, "became belligerent" demanding not only the $75k but an additional $300,000 "for what Pearl absurdly characterized as her time and trouble to obtain the evidence requested by Wilson that the poster was authentic."

Wilson wants a judge to declare she can legally walk from the deal. P.S. -- according to the suit, Wilson was overpaying in the first place ... it's good to be rich.

john

As a memorabilia dealer I would say yes she should be able to bail on the deal. To prove authenticity is vital.

bob

TMZ,CAN YOU BAN SPAMMERS ON YOUR SITE, YOU HAVE THERE E-MAIL ,,DONT YOU ,,,,CAN YOU BLOCK kevincyqi2008 FROM YOUR SITE, ITS VERY DISCUSTING

damn ur dumb

Ummm...to the moronic spammer: if you claim to be "female" named rosa, then maybe you should change your screen name from "kevin".

Ms. X

Forget Rosa...Wilson is right on for bailing on this one. How dare this Pearl chick think she can force a sale and then tack on an extra fee too? Crazy.

HOLY CROCODILE

They leave this Rosa crap here and yesterday all I said was tge Obama's were just another black family moving into government housing and they took me off. This Rosa sounds gay so I guess the TMZ person is gay and has to protect his own.I have a lot of sports stuff signed in person .Now I find out I can't prove it so it may not be worth anything. Pete Rose,Joe Namath,Jim Kelley, Bernie Kosar,Ali,Frazier get my drift. So if my stuff aint worth nothing then this girls poster shouldn't be either. Can you tell I am in a good mood?

Shadowwolf

I don't get it, why are they able to afford this kind of crap? I thought Obama was going to make all the rich share the wealth. Well I guess it will happen after he takes office, then no more $75,000 for a poster to hang in your house for the rich because that money will be split up among the poor. We love you Obamba Yeah Yeah Yeah. Take from the rich including poloticians, entertainers, newspeople, companies, etc.. Robin Hood is in the Whitehouse. Oh wait he is just appointing the same people who have already been there. But at least they have experience, God forbid we have someone in charge that has no experience. The only new inexperienced person there will be the actual President. CHANGE? I have not seen it yet.

Meghan

Most of America is living paycheck to paycheck and celebs are paying $75K for a GD poster?

REALLY?

wayne dh

WHO THE F CARES????

Carmen

Rita and Tom,

Instead of buying a posted, help people buy groceries you asses!

northern gypsy

heads up to all the mom's that wants their kids to get rid of all the posters on their bedroom walls...see what can happen???

Pike

It seems that these two monkeys are always claiming someone is trying to screw them. Maybe these morons should have someone deal with the public, because they apparently do not have a combined IQ larger than their shoe size. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE KIDS.

jhud fan

One of them overdosed! See what happens when your spoiled parents make movies against Christ!

Kelli

Some people have to much freakin money!!

Lord Snooty

This must feel just sooo nice an comfy to all those out there that had to sell their home for 20.000$... ordering a 75.000$ POSTER !!! HELLOOOO !!

anthony

Ha, I actually know Melissa Pearl. I won't say in what capacity, but there was money involved and, well, let me say this: She is complete freakin' nutjob who nearly dragged me down into the depths of the insane little world she's created for herself where things work according to rules different from those the rest of us follow (for the most part). A total menace to society. Hilariously, at issue was that she was refusing to pay me for work I'd done—real, tangible work. She eventually coughed up most of it and I did my best to forget she exists. This is hilarious, though. Rita, if you need anyone to testify, I'd do it for kicks.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments