WKRP -- What Krap R u Peddling?

11/29/2008 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Think Hollywood has run out of good ideas? They have, and so has everyone else.

An off the beaten grid TV station in Cincinnati has followed the trend by pilfering the dead 70's sitcom archive and changing its call letters from WBQC to WKRP – as in "WKRP" in Cincinnati – get it? Now will you watch their damn shows?

No word if the program directors will be changing their names to Johnny Fever and Venus Fly Trap.

kan

Lawsuit to follow.

Erica

I live in Cincinnati...what station is WBQC, never heard of it! If it's public access then it will match the garbage they call talent that they put on our public access channel. The idea of having a station in Cincinnati as WKRP is not so bad, but most of us have never heard of the channel to begin with, SO its not going to make much of a difference!

Ashley

I live in Cincinnati and I've never heard of this station...ever! It just goes to show you how desperate they are. And I wont be watching now that they've changed their name either!

Glueybluey

I dont get it.

emily

i dont get the name...

hello, it

Will they be tossing live turkeys out of helocopters for the holidays?

Barfalufugus

WKRAP.

Luke Warmwater

Andy Travis was the Program Director. Fever and Flytrap were DJ's. Remember: WKRP with more music and Les Nessman? Funny stuff. Loved the remote braodcast episode with livewire Hamilton Camp.

tb98

I used to live in Cincinnati - there was (maybe still is) a WKRC TV station and WKRQ (was - maybe still is - a FM station)....my ex worked for WKRQ

tb98

#7 - *LOL* - "tossin' live turkeys" was actually a radio stunt done by WQXI in Atlanta, GA - supposedly gave the inspiration of the story to the WKRP writers

rohrscheibcroh

krp is my fave. shame we no longer have a good comady to watch .im willing to tri it though . i quess it will be a hip hop station sigh.people cant make good shows any more they fail. no one younger 40 has an imagination

ed

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

The5thHorseman

This station is in Lebanon Tennessee on channel 6. It is a low power station and they show a lot of cool 70's shows. They are not trying to recreate wkrp radio but just the feeling of that era. I watch it and its a very cool station with alot of shows i watched growing up.

2096 days ago

The5thHorseman

You can check them out at wkrptv.com

2096 days ago

Loni

I'm from the Kentucky side of Greater Cincinnati. I have never heard of WBQC, but according to the local paper, it's apparently the former WB affiliate. While I'm sure they think this is a clever marketing ploy, it just sounds ridiculous to me. And for what? It's a station that broadcasts in a 10-15 mile radius.

And, for Tall Blonde, WKRC is the CBS affiliate and WKRQ is the popular top 40 radio station.

2096 days ago