Ashlee: Rock-a-Bye Bye Baby

12/9/2008 5:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After giving birth to son Bronx an entire 18 days ago, Ashlee Simpson did what every new mom does ... she went clubbing in West Hollywood.

Ash checked out her husband Pete Wentz's show at the Troubadour and then hightailed it next door to Foxtail for a little see and be scene action.

Hopefully, the 24-year-old will be as good a mom as she is a singer.

nicnic

I hope to God she is a better mother cuz her ass CAN NOT (not in in this lifetime) SING.

Jennifer Bouldack

Now wait a minute guys. I have three children and I am a wonderful mother. My children are grown and I have always been known around my community as an excellent mother to my children.

That being said, I always felt a bit "liberated" after my children were born. You've had your body held hostage, so to speak, by this precious little person for more than nine months, and even though you love that sweet baby more than anything in the world, there is still the individual who is you, the person you are, who wants to break free for a moment after the baby is born. Perhaps not for everyone - but for some of us, and it doesn't make you a bad mother.

After each of my children were born, there was a time when I went out with my husband and/or friends for a short amount of time just to reclaim myself. And you know what? It was ok. We all turned out ok. Now, those were isolated nights out, I never made them a habit, but with each of my children, I wanted that time out on my own. Having just given birth, the nights were all ended before midnight.

So, unless we see this young lady making the nights out a regular event and the child being neglected, get off her back and don't judge her.

a.j.b.

WERE DID THEY LEAVE BRONXIE IN THE BRONX WITH THE OTHER BRONXETTE.........................

cali

WHY WOULD ANYBODY CARE ABOUT THIS SO CALLED UGLY CELEBRITY.IT IS SO SAD YOU HAVE TO BECOME PREGNANT TO HAVE A LITTLE TIME IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA. TRY SHOWING SOME REAL TALENT .GO HOME ALREADY!

Kelly

Are you kidding me? I got stuck at the pharmacy for an hour and a half when my baby was 18 days old and almost had a panic attack. I hope Ashley has read up on bonding and attachment. It doesn't sound like it. This makes me sad.

MJ

I made the first comment about her possibly having a hard time with developing a bond with her baby.. But I just came back and read everyone else's comments. A lot of you are right.. its too early to judge something like that.. but when I saw that she had gone out to a bar 18 days after her baby was born I was shocked. I didn't say she is a bad mom, going out doesn't say that at all, its just not something I could never do. I hope she doesn't make a habit of this.. otherwise I won't be so ambivilant...

dalilah

Celebs can do this........give their baby to a nanny and go off into the night. I still have anxiety over my kids ..I can't even leave them with extended family without getting ANXIETY! ugh!

arealrascal

ERON, excellent list, but I'm sure your selections will rile the trailer trash on here. I'd hate to think either of the Simpson sisters could be worse at mothering than singing, but I guess that what foster homes are for.

JenK

Neither one of those girls in the pic is that idiot Ashlee. Even I can see that. FAIL TMZ!

2090 days ago

yummi26 - old school forever!!!

Are you serious? That baby isn't even 3 weeks old yet. She needs her a$$ WHOOPED.

MJ

For all you saying thats not Ashley.. Please stop. It is her. Its her tatto. Her hair. Etc. She just has a bit of post baby bloat and no one is used to seeing her with any fat on her face. I don't think it looks bad but it does look different.

Austin

You people are ridiculous. So if you have a baby, you are never allowed to leave the house without them? Get real.

EGGO

She had a baby 18 days ago and she's out and about!!! Nasty!!!! Go home and heal When you have a baby. you have to miss stuff sometimes. She needs to understand that. He didn't have the baby...she did.

i still hate retards

robin--no, i am not an ashlee simpson fan nor do i have hours of time to research her, but i do know that it took all of one minute or less to look up if ashlee simpson has a tattoo like that. about the same time it took the original "that aint no ashlee simpson" posters to write their comments. so my point is before you spout off stupid, inaccurate comments, figure out if what you are saying is true. you're either too lazy or too stupid to look it up, both of which speaks volumes about a person's intelligence.

and to maggie, you must have been a lactation nurse 40 years ago. any research i have read today shows that once the alcohol is out of your blood system it is out of the milk. it is not "stored" in the milk. so unless you are getting stinking drunk and have a severe hangover in the morning from drinking until 3 am, you will not have alcohol in your milk and you DO NOT need to pump and dump.
just one the numerous sites you can learn this at. that's not saying a nursing mother should be drinking 5-6 drinks daily, but even if she had 4-5 drinks from 9-12 and didnt nurse for 10 hours the milk is fine--no need to pump and dump.

REALbarbwire7

If she feels up to it, why is that bad? I doubt the baby is going to feel badly about her going out??????? She's been out of the "scene" for quite a long time. I'm sure it was nice to get out and see her hubby. Sometimes you need a reminder that you're also a wife and lover. I'm sure she is and will be a great momma.

2089 days ago