Bone Thugs Sued for Not Playing Jazz

12/10/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So Bone Thugs N Harmony are being sued for bailing on a gig in ... wait, Bone Thugz are still thuggin' around? There's your breaking news, folks.

The rappers were supposed to play for the Jazz of Tacoma, a minor-league b-ball team in Tacoma, Wash., but according to a lawsuit filed in Washington, the rappers ditched the gig. Now, the Jazz are asking for $280K in damages -- and if that figure is really what Bone Thugs rakes in these days, we're straight speechless.

We've put in calls to the lawyers and the promoter -- nothin' yet. BTW, BTH just announced a reunion album for 2009.

tina

Man, I must be old............never heard of them. Also didn't hear of a uprising because of them not showing, and I live just north of Tacoma.

mike

LOL @ the first comment.... Bone thugs is OLD SCHOOL, so you should know who they are....They are the greatest rap group of all time... Grammy Award Winners and 50 million records sold!

tina

#3, just asked other people they haven't heard of Bone Thugs, but we don't listen to rap also......I'm more into Chicago, BTO, Heart, Clapton etc. Like I said, showing my age.

NACHOLIBRE RULES

I think if we want to talk about old school's greatest rap group of all time these thugs would not be it!!!! I think that fits more to RUN-DMC than the THUGS. And if they get 280k for a performance they should thank their lucky starS.All they rap about is smoking weed.. AND MORE SMOKING WEED WOW WHAT TALENT...

Omar21

HEY, NACHO LIBRE ROCKS.

Are u sure all they rap about is weed?? honestly.. are u sure thats all they talk about.. cause if you think thats the case then I suggest taking a deeper look into their catalogue. Until you do that, please dont talk about what you dont know. thank you

NACHOLIBRE RULES

HEY OMAR 21 ;

I do know what I 'm talking about you wanna know why bcause a close friend of mines son is addicted to weed and thats pretty much the only thing that he listens to. Now correct me if I'm wrong but dont they have a song that is called ""The Weed Song"""???? That's all I have to say..

get your facts straight tmz

Hey TMZ.... they didn't "just" announce their tour. We knew about it in 2007, but then more talks about it were in the summer of '08. Get with the times.

And "NACHO LIBRE ROCKS"..... are you high? Because you must be if you think they only rap about smoking weed.

Marty Jacks

Bone Thugs last album was released in 2007, you know last year, and was # 2 on the Billboard 200. So they had the number 2 selling album in the country at one point just last year. Their heydey is certainly in the past, but obviously they still have enough fans to make some money doing shows. As their first release was in 1994, they've had a pretty long career for a rap group. A chart span of 13+ years and probably still going.

They were really pretty huge around 1995-1996. I don't know anyone, including people who don't listen to rap who hasn't at least heard "Crossroads". The album that was on sold over 6 million. Their singles from their next album were pretty big as well, not just on "urban" radio.

get your facts straight tmz

NACHO LIBRE ROCKS

OMG THEY HAVE ONE SONG THAT TALKS ABOUT WEED! Yeah.. that's really ALL of their songs. STFU

CICftw

at dumb ass talking crap bout Bone

that is only one song, like Omar said they dont only make songs about it.. D12 made a song called Purple Pills, and you aint bashing them for that

tlo

Nacho Libre, you have no clue. Yes they do rap on some of their songs about smoking weed (probably the ones he is listening to) but not on all. Obviously you haven't listened to their music just assumed from your friends idiotic son that this is the case. I suppose it is their fault that he gets high too? LOL. Another example of why kids are running wild and acting foolish. Parents and friends who know nothing blaming music and TV for their kids being morons.

get your facts straight tmz

Bones first album was in '93.

Marty Jacks

Nacho Libre Rocks must be John Walters or Mary Beth Buchanan or one of their relatives. Kids aren't sitting around listen to Bone Thugs getting addicted to weed.

NACHOLIBRE RULES

I WILL JUST IGNORE THE IGNORANTS LIKE (OHNOTHEYDIDNT ROCKS!!!!) CAUSE IF I TRY TO SIT HERE AND HAVE A DEBATE OR AN ARGUMENT WITH AN IDIOT LIKE THIS GUY. I WILL BE WASTING MY TIME SO BYE BYE...

get your facts straight tmz

NACHO LIBRE ROCKS

And how exactly am I ignorant? Way to throw around a word you don't know the definition of!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments