Lane Garrison -- Prison Ain't His Only Problem

12/10/2008 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lane Garrison is being sued by the parents of the boy who was killed when the "Prison Break" star was driving while blasted back in 2006.
Lane Garrison: Click to view!
Karen Setian and Inaida Nalbandian have filed a lawsuit against Lane -- who's currently serving 40 months in prison -- for the wrongful death of their 17-year-old son, Vahagn Setian.

Karen and Inaida claim Lane "purchased a bottle of vodka with and for minors, brought the vodka to a party attended by minors ... and shared and consumed the vodka with minors at the party."

The parents claim that's when Lane loaded up his car with three high-schoolers and headed to a Beverly Hills liquor store -- the trip was fatally interrupted when Lane crashed into a tree.

The suit, which we just found, was filed last month. The parents are seeking unspecified damages.

Tom Cruise has landed

I hope they win the suit, but they shouldn't expect to collect anything. I am sure this loser is broke.

totoafrica

Why don't the parents own up to not being responsible for their childs actions as well. Yes Lane is wrong, but why did they not know the things he was into, drinking, ect. Parents have become more of a friend, and less of parents.

Rah-Rah

Why did they wait two years to file a lawsuit?

del

#2: Hi Mom: Unless you chain your teen, they will go out in the big world as teenagers and start to figure out what are and are not good choices. When they do, you can only hope that they wont be so star struck by an adult t.v. star (and most teens would be ) that they get in a car with that t.v. star, who turns out to be the sort of freak who hangs with teenagers, and drives while drunk.

upset about it all

I wish these idiots would accept that the people riding in the car were NOT INNOCENT BYSTANDERS. if that guy had been responsible enough to put on his frickin seatbelt, this guy wouldn't even be in prison. sure, the prison break dude messed up and shouldn't have been driving, BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO GET IN THE CAR. STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM PEOPLE. ugh, just looking to be paid now. it should be enough that he's spending time in jail and has to live with this the rest of his life. now you want to be paid, too?? it's so sad. the whole situation is so sad, and the parents doing this is just plain PATHETIC.

del

A grown man put a couple of children in his car, minors not even old enough to buy cigarettes yet, and then he drove while drunk, killing the children, and it's the kids' faults? Puhlease. The guy should have gotten decades, not months, in jail.

del

If an adult drives with children in the car, and does not belt them in, the adult is ticketed.

If a driver drives drunk and this causes someone's death, it's the driver's fault.

If an adult buys alcohol for minors, it is the adult who is cited.

At what point do folks not get that Lane Garrison should be thanking his lucky stars for the handslap he got for doing all of these things, and killing a child to boot?

CLN N SBR

# 2 comment from>>> Hi Mom,>>>> you are a TOTAL loser I hope they win BIG and get all that their precious sons life was worth AND HOW MUCH IS A LIFE WORTH?? Plenty if I were on the jury. #2 you go back under the rock you crawled out from you ARE a slug of a worm

thats right

how sad that one night of bad choices ruined several lives.

Hans

God, what a horrible nightmare from pretty much any perspective. I feel so bad for everyone involved, but for some reason I just feel especially bad for lane, due to the juxtapostioning of potential etc with the severity and intractability of what went down. it's far to easy (and simple) to say that it was foreseeable etc... I have made some awful mistakes too, but thankfully I somehow made it through "okay" (I didn't get anyone pregnant or kill anyone that I know of, although a couple for people may have gotten diseases they might not have wanted along the way....

Obviously the last thing the poor guy "wanted" or consciously planned on happening was what did happen. it's just awful all around. I pray that he does okay and manages to somehow resurrect from what mist be a completely devastating and crushing series of events. The other people, though they didn't deserve what happened in any way, no longer have to worry. this guy somhow has to go on knowing what he's done. Defintely NOT easy, no matter what any one may say.

Two wrongs (or three or four, or a hundred)) don't make a right.I always think of Portia's speech in The Merchant Of Venice:

"The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
Tis mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown.
His scepter shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings.
But mercy is above this sceptered sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings;
It is an attribute of God himself;
And earthly power doth then show like God's
When mercy seasons justice. "

God bless you. man - and God bless the parents and survivors too in THEIR unenviable and undeserved anguish, and may all those who perished rest in eternal peace.

NOTHING BRINGS THE DEAD BACK

Yes, Lane was a jerk for driving drunk. Yes, the kids got in the car willingly. Yes, he was found guily and is serviing his time handed down to him. NO, the parents should not be allowed to sue him. I don't understand America. Why do courts allow people to keep suing a person for the same thing over and over. He's in jail doing his time for the crime. Maybe not enough time but, that is what he was given. Once that is over he should be allowed to go on with his life. I find that alot of people are looking for the quick buck when it comes to actors/acctresses or any personality with alot of money. It 's ridiculous ! I feel for the parents who lost their child but, no money in the world will bring that child back. What is the purpose of suing for money? Will it take away the pain ? Will it make for happier memories of thier child ? If it is just to punish Lane, I would wonder if this is the course of action the child would have wanted them to take. I think not but that's just my opinion and my guess.

eew

"children"?! come on... they were at a party!

they could have called their (now suddenly caring) parents, they could have called a cab. guess that wouldn't have been as profitable, in retrospect, would it?

lanegarrisononline

#10 Thank you for such an insightful and sensible comment. Lane will face this with the same grace & dignity he has shown throughout the entire tragic chain of events.

Taunya

He should have to serve more than 40 months. Where is the justice?

cityboy

If anyone thinks suing the person who killed their son is lame or pathetic I'd like to see you walk in their shoes. I don't even know these people but the heart felt pain of a life taken too soon must be unbearable. Yes the kids should not have got in the car but thats why kids are kids, they do dumb things sometimes. And don't act like you didn't! At 15 my parents did not always know where I was going because I wanted to be with friends. Lane should have known better and not been behind the wheel, bottom line. There is nothing else to debate. Lane should not have been behind the wheel. Not even by himself in that condition. So all you sad pathetic people on here who are obviously miserable and full of hate in your hearts. Wake up! Because you will one day be judged for your compassion to your fellow neighbor. Whether you believe or not.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments