« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star: Ferrari Fixers Took Me for a Ride

12/10/2008 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former NFL rushing champion Corey Dillon is all fired up over a Ferrari deal gone bad -- dude claims he got taken for more than $500,000 by some fast guys with fast cars.

According to a lawsuit filed moments ago in L.A. County Superior Court, Dillon dropped his 2005 Ferrari F430 off at an auto repair shop to get a twin-turbo system added to his whip in May 2007 -- but Dillon claims the guys never told him they weren't officially authorized to work on Ferraris.

Long story short -- Dillon claims he agreed to drop $55,000 in repairs, but while the guys were working on this car, the people who ran the company duped the running back into investing around $470,000 into their business.

After he wrote the check, things got bad -- Dillon claims he was supposed to get his car back 6 months after he dropped it off, but 14 months later, the NFL star claims the work hadn't been done. He had to get a tow truck company to remove the car with the help of cops and take it to another shop.

Four months and $34,400 later, Dillon claims the car was finally drivable. So here's what Corey wants -- a return of all the money he spent to fix the Ferrari, and the return of his $470,000 investment. As for the latter, Corey claims the shop owners blew it on stupid stuff like "fast food, perfume, liquor, groceries and gasoline."

Dude should get a limo -- it's a lot cheaper.

Calls to the repair shop were not returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sally

He's not too smart is he?

Kid Charisma

matt dillon is an idiot. how the hell do you get duped for 500K? Well this fat bastard duped the patriots for a number of seasons when the only thing he gained every year as a running back was weight.

Krystal

Corey Dillon's always been a whiny bitch. Nuff said.

bobbyozone

who needs a twin turbo on a Ferrari? ps... but a ford next time

1962 days ago

wasted days and wasted nights

My chick-magnet of choice would be an old VW bug with a fancy low-slung fiberglass body kinda styled just like a real Ferrari.

hitchy02

Who says even the elite can't be compromised. Who are your to say he got what he deserved. Shame on you it is Christmas season for God's sake. You people are ruthless, maybe you should work for TMZ instead of trashing them like you like to do.

Patsfan4life

Corey Dillon is the man. I loved him when he played in New England and I'm glad he's getting justice on these people who tried to steal money from him. You're still the man Cor!

crhs78

hmmm...maybe next time these guys will blow their money on less idiotic things

nsaustin

How very odd...I get all my financial advice from auto mechanics too. I better check my portfolio!

Sono

haha, what a total douche. A fool and his money...

egriffin

Sorry but he was dumb but that being said, they are lucky that a lawsuit is all they are getting as this sounds criminal to me. At the least, some kind of fraud charges should be filed.

autotruuf

The con man involved here is Jesse Diakis from Speed Innovation. This is not the first company to be duped in business by Diakis. Spending up business funds on local junk food restaurants (he is apparently obese!), video games and convenience stores. Just Google "Jesse Diakis HPS" and see for your self.

nine96

Wow, I can't believe this guy is still getting around! I had my porsche 'tuned' by Jesse and it lost power! I tried to get my money back but he is very evasive and impossible to get on the phone after he has your cash!

1961 days ago

why?

This is so tragic. Where do we send donations?

1960 days ago

speedjunkie

Lol, Gintani ftl. He got duped by Jesse and then didnt learn his lesson, so he went and got duped by the guys at Gintani. People warned him about them but I guess he's just a sucker.