Macaulay's Sister Dies

12/11/2008 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has obtained an official statement from Macaulay's rep. "We can officially confirm that the victim is Dakota Culkin. This is a terrible tragic accident. We have no further comment at this time."

We've learned Macaulay Culkin's sister died yesterday after being struck by a car.

Law enforcement sources tell us Dakota Culkin was walking on the west side of Los Angeles Tuesday when she stepped off a curb and was struck by a car. The 29-year-old Culkin was taken to the UCLA Medical Center where she died of her injuries yesterday afternoon.

So far no arrests have been made. The case is under investigation by LAPD.

chumina

'My Deepest Sympathy to the family'

mine

my sincere condolences!!!!!!!!! right before the holidays too! for those of you that think it's funny, YOU'RE SICK!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

TMZ's putting this under the heading "Celebrity Justice" says everything you need to know about the organization and the people who work there. They are a bunch of insensitive, papparazzi vultures with no regard for peoples feelings. IT'S DISGUSTING FOR TMZ TO INSULT THE FAMILY LIKE THIS!

Yawn

Some of the people posting on here are disgusting.
This is not a funny event.
A young woman lost her life tragically.
Now, isn't that just so darn funny?
Too bad she died and some of these idiots still walk the earth.

NM

To the Culkin Family. My deepest sympathy and may your emotional wounds heal promply. R.I.P.

ay ay ay

Awww God that's horrible...bad week for celebrity siblings! Poor Culkin family! Mark Ruffalo's brother was taken off life support after being shot in the head (They're saying he played Russian Roulette but they're also saying it could be drug money related...so sad...) Bad year for celeb. siblings....Jennifer Hudson lost three members of her family.....I know that we all lose family members all the time but still it seems the celebrities have been hit more often as of late....

Jeanne Y

Jake D, your comments are horrible, like a little kid who doesn't know the tragedy of losing a beloved family member! I hope that your posts are pulled, they are way out of line. No one deserves death, but even less, they don't deserve to be laughed at because of their deaths! You are a cruel person, and I hope that sometime you find out how much it hurts. I lost my Dad when I was 12, my oldest brother when I was 37, and my Mom just this year, just after my 40th birthday. Losing them was very hard, and if someone would have made fun of me or my family over it, that person would have been creamed by me very quickly. Grow up!

Lady V

Sincere condolences to the Culkin Family. Such a tragic, untimely loss of a young life.

To Roger C and Jake D-think it's funny. Remember someone is always watching, listening and reading - you will pay for your insensitivity.
For Joey 18 Miami- I don't know if you remember Andrew the Cat 5 hurricane, but beware when his brother or sister show up. Hurricane season starts June 2009 through December 2009. (Former FL resident)

CB

Such a horrific loss. Sympathy and prayers to the Culkin family. Normally, I wouldn't bother to address moronic comments like Jake D's, but it's painfully apparent that he's out to get attention wherever he can find it. To make jokes about such a tragedy shows not only extremely poor taste, but childish immaturity and a wharped perception of what's right and what's wrong. Shame on you and your depraved, sicko sense of humor. Hope you never find yourself suffering a similar loss.

troy

How tragic. Our prayers go out to Macaulay and his family. R.i.p. and may God bless his family and give them strength in this time of saddness.

Redeem

Friend, wherefore art thou come? Dear pie, (Number 14 above) Bad advice, having a drink of liquor, does not help the problem. When the liquors is gone, what will you do, Buy more liquor, Keep Drinking? Something is so wrong with that picture pie. So sad if that is how you are shoving your problem. My prayers I send to you for help, that you will seek God’s help. Ask He will help you.
I am very sorry about this young man’s sister espectly at this time of the year. It is very hard to lose a love one. Something’s you will never get over. Only God can relive that pain. My prayer goes out to the mother. She lost a child. May God keep and help them to get through theses heavy days to come. And that they will seek God for help. (Matthew 11:28-30) Come unto me, all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. "Celebrity Justice" What are you thinking???? Bad TASTE guy.. God Loves you so do I. Redeem

Scott

this is awful first Mark Ruffalo's brother is killied now MaCulay's sister my prayers and sympathy goers out to both families.

Rev Dan Herring

May God Bless your family in this sad day but remember shes in Heaven now and setting with our God in heaven and those who writes bad things should be ashame of your selfs it could be your sister who was killed in such a sad way my prayers are with you and all of your family if you need help in anyway way please email me son and ill pray with you

Mike

Before posting this, I sent a prayer to heaven. Not only for the Mc Culkin family,but for all who are left behind that have to endure the pain of a lost loved one. Dakota's pain is over with now and may she rest in peace...Until she is called to Heaven! As tragic as death may be, she will not have to suffer with the pain of surviving such an accident. I say this from knowing what it is like...In 1963 I was a victim of a hit and run driver and after coming to rest from being hit by a car, I landed under an Army truck,which crushed my right arm. I suffered 6 broken ribs, a punctured lung, 2 broken collar bones, a fractured head AND my right arm was cruched...and believe you me...TO THIS DAY, I live with not only the scars of such an accident but the pain that followed. It will continue until I die...then my pain will be over with. I thank God for every day that he has given me, and if you are suffering, I pray that you find room in your heart for the love that Jesus gave to us all. He is all that keeps me going... ( To all the hecklers out there...MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS )

weepingfortheworld

DIOS / #51 ...my heart hurts for you ...i truly care and want to be there for you and help u any way i can... i want to give u a way to get in touch but i'm afraid to put my email address on here and the only thing i can think of is to give my e b a y id so u can contact me through their system and, this is not a ploy to sell anything, i stopped selling on there long ago, so... please contact me... p r i n c e s s p i g g y ...i'll be thinking of you, AND dakota culkin, may god comfort her soul and her family's pain...