Cops Aren't Buying Ruffalo Death Story

12/12/2008 11:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The shooting death of Mark Ruffalo's brother does not smell like a suicide or accidental death, according to our law enforcement sources.
Shaha & Brian: Click to watch
We're told when cops arrived at the scene they recovered two loaded guns. Law enforcement also tells us the call they got was to respond to an assault, not a suicide or accidental death.

Shaha Mishaal Adham, the woman who was in Scott's apartment at the time of the shooting, told us yesterday Scott was playing Russian Roulette because he was "crazy." But our sources say cops aren't buying the R.R. theory. For starters, who shoots themselves in the back of the head when they're playing Russian Roulette?

Now get this -- law enforcement tells us paramedics didn't even know Scott was shot until he was on his way to the hospital. They say the wound was not apparent.

As for Shaha (who was arrested as a suspect but then released) and her boyfriend, Brian Scofield, they told us yesterday they have been "vilified" and the truth will come out, acknowledging there was a mystery third person in the apartment.

patty cake

I am glad that people who knew him are speaking up. Something is wrong with this story...why were there guns around at all? weird. I dont doubt drugs were involved...but I dont see this as suicide. Anyhow...kids dont mess with drugs and guns...this is what happens. Sad and dumb

2049 days ago

Val

Darwin Theory - as in Evolution? Are you kidding me? Could she have meant Murphy's Law? That's just about as unbelievable as me commenting on someone so vacuous as that no name walking around in her bra. Surprised TMZ didn't catch that one.

2049 days ago

NSB

Oh my gosh!!! Shaha was my freshman roommate in college!!!

2048 days ago

why?

Shaha, if you know what is good for you then you better get on the first flight back to the Holy Land of you are going to end up praying to Alla from an American prison cell for the rest of your natural life.

2048 days ago

Concerned Friend

Who called the police??? Who was that number traced to?
I went to school with the family in Virginia Beach and am heart sick over this loss. None of what has happened in the public eye makes any sense. I hope to know the truth. Meanwhile, my sincerest thoughts and prayers to the family. Scott lit up a room and was well loved by many.

2048 days ago

a loved one

I want to Thank everyone you of you for your prayers. I see Scott was very well known and loved. How could you not love that man. For the people he went to school in Virginia Beach, I can tell you Scott was the same charming loving and happy go lucky guy you all knew. He really did light up the room and your face. I just want to say that the family is holding up as good as we could with the love and mercy of God. We are a tight family and thats what Scott loved about us so much. He was a peace maker and all he wanted to do was make everyone happy. I had the opportunity to spend alot of time with him, and im so glad i did. I miss him so, it hurts my soul. I know that my beautiful Scott is in the Lords hand now and i cant wait to see him again. Be well everyone and may our memories keep him alive in our hearts and lives.

2048 days ago

Ahem

Anyone who was this man's friend, even a casual friend, would have stayed at that apartment to help, would have called 911 immediately him or herself, and would have made themselves available to the police immediately to provide any and ALL information that could be of use. They would have visited the hospital that night, all night, trying to find out if their friend was going to make it. This person did none of these things. She fled, why?, and days later was arrested.

TMZ, why give these 'beautiful people' a forum to tell their version of events, when Scott is not afforded that same privilege? They need to be telling their story in a court of law, where stories are put to the test based on evidence and ratiional thought.

I am glad to hear the BHPD is taking a second look, just to ensure that the truth does come out, whatever that truth may be. There are too many unanswered questions to let this rest as is.

My heart goes out to the Ruffalo family, and to the beautiful man who was the victim in this tragic event.

2048 days ago

Devynn

ok, i KNOW i watch ALOT of law and order/law and order:svu and the CSI franchise, but how the hell did the paramedics miss a gunshot wound to the back of the head!? i know that the angle of the shot, the mm of the bullet, the angle of his head could have led to less bleed-out. they could have gotten there after he bled out. but there had to be SOME clue as to how this man was injured! c'mon!

2047 days ago

Myk

I don't think it was a suicide, but somethin' fishy is goin on....

2047 days ago

M.

I knew Scott Ruffalo...............he was a wonderful, charismatic loving guy. Strong, capable and amazingly creative. He told me many things about this little princess. There is much more to this story than what is being released to the press. Scott would never lose sight of what he lived for.........his family. This little bitch has single handedly assasinated his character................. Scott wasn't just a hairdresser. He was acclaimed for his talent by a wealthy loyal clientele of L.A. most prestigious people. You don't acquire a high paying clientele like that by accident. He could transform anyone in a matter of minutes. He had a wild streak.............but in a very grounded way. hE WASN'T A CARELESS CRAZY KID, HE WAS A MATURE, WELL RESPECTED FATHER AND HUSBAND. Mature enough to know his limits.
He told me Shaha HA HA was spoiled and had no regard for anyone but herself. She would create situations that left Scott at risk. He told me they would argue about these incidents.
I pray the police put this little princess where she belongs.............in jail, with the general population of criminals. She wouldn't last a week.
My heart breaks for the loss of this guy. My saddness leaves me feeling selfish, because I won't be able to see him anymore.
I can't even begin to imagine what his family and children are going through.
In closing..........Scott would not have done this to himself. He will be missed FOREVER by his friends and clients.

2047 days ago

another client

I am also a long time client of Scotts. It has deeply saddened me that this has happened to him and I know that he will be deeply missed. The main reason that I decided to write, was to communicate to the family member that is reading these comments that I am so extremely sorry for your loss and my love and prayers are with his whole family. I wish that there were some sort of memorial for him so those of us who knew him could pay our respects. I may be wrong, but for anyone who knows any stories, etc. that Scott may have told you about this girl, it may be worth a trip to the police to make a statement. I can only think that any information will help. The last I spoke to him, he had recently met her, but if any of you saw him more recently, it may shed a bit of light on their investigation. I am so certain that he did not take his own life and I pray that they find out who did. Again, my thoughts are with his family during this very devastating time.

2046 days ago

Lizzy

Honestly wheres the finger prints and was it for money or cause hes a brother to an actor there is no way he killed him self he haves kids and married

2045 days ago

Sheri

I am so sad. Scott was such a good person. These people were making him out to look like a dead beat druggie. Nothing could be further from the truth. He was a kind person that loved his family. I have known him for about 17 years and none of this even makes sense. What are the cops doing about this? I can't find out any information and I want to make sure they don't get away with this.

2045 days ago

June

I know her and she is actually 1/2 Spanish and 1/2 Italian,

2045 days ago

IsaBella

Look, it is always said when a young man dies, a man who is a father, a husband a son and a friend, regardless what his social status is. Death is saddening and the thing is, we will all die one day.

Having said that, I do not find it fair to blame the female suspect on the death of this man, whomever he may have been. The fact is, although he is dead, he is to blame too. Why would a married man hook up with a young exotic rich girl and even hang out with her in his own apartment? And WTF why were there guns in the house in the first place? A house where small children live as well? That is insanity!

All these hear say stories and stories from posters how they all knew him so well because he cut their hair.. what a complete BS. we don't know anyone, not even the people who are the closest to us. Unless your name is Derek Oglivi or something, you have no idea what goes on in someone's head.

My best best friend ever, committed suicide because apparantly he could bear the idea of living. And this young man was kind, nice, married with children, successful in career....nonetheless, life was too heavy of a burden on him. There are people like that you know, they just find their existence to hard to bear and they will end their lives because they see no way out.

In no way am I implying this is what happened. I wasn't there.

I feel for the people who are struggling with their emotions. I wish you will be granted time to put things in place and perspective.

2045 days ago