Kanye Self-Destructs on SNL

12/14/2008 10:36 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dare we say it? Kanye West could learn a lot from Ashlee Simpson -- such as if you can't sing, lip-synch. Turns out It's less embarrassing.
Kanye West: Click to view!
West stunk up the stage on "SNL" last night -- so maybe it was supposed to be a joke.

petey

kanye stick to rapp... your voice sound like krrapp... "hey I just made a song... give me a record contract... LOL BTW president bush does not care about black people,,, that soung like you... stupid...

-petey

Stephen

I thought is was a comedy sketch.... not kidding ... That has to be one of the worst perfomances I have ever seen on SNL even Vanilla Ice was better....

melissa smith

Hey guys,

I have to agree, Kanye's performance was wack!

I found a girl on myspace,com/codaray who rocks his song "Love Lockdown",
so if you still like the song you should check her out and maybe we can convince her to give Kanye some voice lessons!

Juss

TMZ sucks they constantly harass this man for no reason F**K TMZ

moveover

And this putz thinks he's in the same category with the Beatles! Yeah, ....right!!

Juss

tmz sucks they always harassing people...especially kanye...just leave people alone

dusty

The SNL microphone didn't have the same effects on it that Kanye used in the studio. That's why it sounds so different. He's not the first performer to sound great everywhere else, then come on SNL and not sound his best. Blame it on the sound guy.

Kanye's CDs sell both because he sounds great, and because his lyrics are terrific. When he's onstage, he puts so much emotion and so much of himself into his songs that they are on a whole 'nother level than most artists.

If you don't get it, too bad. You're really missing out.

Emo88

bradley spalter google him youtube him hes changing the landscape on the entire music industry kanye head east its gonna be a 2010 sweep

gagi

I watched it and thought there was something wrong with my TV. He is the WORST! I guess he gets points for not lip synching. I can't believe he came back for the second song. Didn't he have anyone there that could tell him how bad it was. Kanye. Meh.

Whitney

How many artists have you heard that actually sound great singing live? not many...example..taylor swift, worst live singer i've ever heard in my life! but i still love her songs..
Kanye's song is not my favorite, but there are many songs i'd rate below this one. I didn't think his performance was horrible like everyone keeps implying. He's just trying something new with this album, don't put him down

TJ

Now everyone knows what I've known all along... HE SUCKS.

jordana

You know I will say this, I love Kanye West. The way he has acted lately, well it gets on my nerves, but I really dont care who he is as a person, i Love his music. This not so much. The old stuff by him CLASSIC.

joke

It's the trendy thing to put Kanye down now. As if britney and Madonna deserve their fame.

TMZ FAN

I'm so over him .. I wish he would just GO AWAY!!!! ...

Mr. X

What was that awful sound and why are my ears bleeding? Kanye-shut your pie hole!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments