MacGyver Pissed Over Alleged Pooch Pounding

12/15/2008 5:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This weekend in Malibu our photog almost got to see how MacGyver -- aka Richard Dean Anderson -- would take down an alleged animal abuser using only the dog's leash, his own glasses and a Christmas poinsettia.
Richard Dean Anderson: Click to watch

gurlsnguns

Its nice to see a a "Star" or any person for that matter stand up for this dog who is at the mercy of its abusive owner! That a-hole better be glad it wasn't me standing there!

2084 days ago

cjs

Yeah, well Richard you still did NOTHING.. CONFRONT. The cameras could have been used in your defense if anything went wrong. MAN UP !

2084 days ago

Animal lover

I'm a woman, and I have more balls then he does!! I definitely would have confronted that a*hole.

2084 days ago

LJ

He probably would've confronted him if the camera man wasn't there. I didn't want it to come across like he was just doing it for the camera.

I love him!!!! General O'Neill will be in my dreams tonight :D

2084 days ago

HARDY-HAR-HAR

People of Mailbu! Be on the lookout for that fat gut dog beater! Next time he's seen he should definitely be confronted! If he does this in public, imagine what that poor baby (the dog) must go through at home where no one can see!

2084 days ago

HARDY-HAR-HAR

What about the photog? You're a pansy too.

2084 days ago

To see or not to see

Hello... Grammar Rehab Center calling....

#3. Posted at 5:11PM by Animal lover
I'm a woman, and I have more balls THEN he does!! I definitely would have confronted that a*hole.

In a comparison you use the conjunction THAN, ("then" is an adverb)

2084 days ago

Animal lover

#7 - In a comparison you use the conjunction THAN, ("then" is an adverb).

Who cares? The comment itself has nothing to do with grammar but rather an animal abuser and the lack of "involvement" by a "star."

2084 days ago

mashia6

I think he would have done more if stupid tmz wasn't there. How would you feel if you came outside to possible confront someone and a papparazzi is interviewing you about it?

2084 days ago

carriss

OMG I used to LOVE MacGuyver, I used to watch it every night when I was like 8. Too bad it went off the air, and I don't care anymore. Man was he pissed, that dude with the dog almost got his ass handed to him by a man who could defuse a bomb with a hairbrush and a tooth pick. Patty and Selma would be proud.

2084 days ago

Mar

Richard Dean Anderson has always been hunky, but his attractiveness has just quadrupled in my eyes.

I agree that RDA would have intervened on that poor dog's behalf if that photographer hadn't been all up in his face. The photographer should have been filming the dog abuser, not bugging RDA.

2083 days ago

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Grammar Rehab - Get a life.

2083 days ago

Barb

But he didn't do anything. He said the guy was beating the crap out of it, and he turned and walked into the restaurant. and FYI .. tmz guy with the camera.. Abuse is NOT training !

2083 days ago

elina

this is why I cannot stand all this Hollywood trash. They say big and bold statements, but they never do anything. Talk is cheap. Kinda reminds me of Cindy Crawford who was stripping for anti fur campaing (mostly for her own publicity and exposure using good cause), and in a few years was modeling fur coats. What can I say, they are paid whores.

2083 days ago

Marsha

I think he did the right thing. He was with his daughter and an unknown woman. Don't know if getting in that man's face would have helped. But he was vocal about it with people around. Besides, he was Col. Jack O'Neill (Stargate) for 10 years and probably knew he could kill the guy. . . And he's a definite dog lover -- he probably called the cops from the restaurant.

2083 days ago