Peter Falk's Daughter: My Dad Has Alzheimer's

12/16/2008 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The daughter of Hollywood legend Peter Falk says her father is no longer competent to run his own life because he suffers from Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

Catherine Falk filed legal papers in L.A. County Superior Court claiming her father "requires full-time custodial care for his health and safety."

In the docs, Catherine claims she is worried her father "can easily be deceived into transferring away property" and believes a conservatorship will protect Peter from "fraud or undue influence."

A hearing on the matter is set for next month. Calls to Falk's reps were not returned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Janet

God bless him and his family.

KINGbaby

Super Sad news for Columbo!

x3_Libras

Best wishes and lots of love to him and his family.

fay

this makes me sad. this is a horrible, horrible disease and my heart goes out to him and his family. he will always be columbo to us all!

Walter

First his eye. Now his mind. What does he have left?

#645732 - Cell Block H

#4 Robert-This is not a place to put a note for a singles site. Maybe you don't have any friends and you need it, but don't think the readers of this site has any interest in that site. If we did, we would go to a singles or dating site. As for Peter Falk, he has always been a good actor and was genuinely funny. Check him out in the movie "The Great Race". Very funny stuff. I hope he lives a decent life for the rest of his time.

amreese

How sad. Such a devastating disease, and all too common. I'm a medical student that'll be doing research this summer on the physiology underlying early onset Alzheimer's, and there's so much left to learn... He obviously has a daughter that cares very much for his well-being, we should all hope to be blessed with loved ones that care for us when we're in need.

scarlett

This is terrible news. I really like this guy and loved Colombo. Wonder why his wife is not taking care of him? Are they divorced?

Snookers13

I love Columbo. I'm sad to hear this about him. I wonder how old he is. He's gotta be getting up there. Poor fellow.

sirshuffle

Peter,
God bless you and thanks for all the great memories...
we all hope to have a bit of Columbo in us to get the job done..
be well

Meri

I feel so bad about this. I loved him as Columbo. Alzheimer"s Disease is such a terrible Disease. It takes it's toll on the
person that has it,and the caretaker.I hope his daughter can help him. She has quite a job ahead of her. I wish the best for them.

sweetviolet314

So sad to hear that news lost my husband to it 21/2 years ago was 72 yrs old 3 weeks before died would not wish it on worse enemy

DB

Alzheimer's is the saddest disease known to man. Other diseases take away your health. Alzheimer's robs you of who you are.

dclevittown05@aim.com

God Bless Peter he was always a good actor and always will be in all of our hearts

Lou Kugell

Connecticut,s own--a super star we love--The family must bear the burden of this hideous disease and we wish all of you Y,asher Koach (strength)
Lou----Ct.