"Sopranos" Actor Beats Murder Rap

12/22/2008 7:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lillo Brancato, who played Matt Bevilaqua on "The Sopranos," was acquitted of second degree murder today in the 2005 shooting of an off-duty police officer.

Brancato was convicted on a lesser charge of attempted burglary. He faces a minimum of three years -- but since he's been in jail for nearly that long already, he could get credit for time served.

Brancato's accomplice, Steven Armento, was convicted earlier this year of first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

iloverock&roll

1st to notice this guy was no tough guy in the clink. Should make him a better actor now.

Bill

.....yawn

kat

Wow...he got so lucky!!!! Merry Christmas to him and his family...hopefully he will appreciate the HUGE break he got.

billyboyhere

Wow, whats with NYC juries letting this junkie bum killer off? I thought they cared about their Cops big time out there----this punk knew what was going on even as a junkie running with that ex con that actually pulled the trigger...I thought the old saying and law was "you're just as guilty if you're there as if you pulled the trigger yourself"....

May he be blacklisted the rest of his days and made to feel the suffering his actions caused that Officers Family. To heck with him and his own now.

tani

i'm so happy for him. He also starred in "a bronx tale" TMZ. he is soooo fine.

Only swim in the Ocean

This story was jacked from the NY Post's AP Story, almost word for word. Where's the writing credit?

"ASSOCIATED PRESS
Posted: 5:27 pm
December 22, 2008

NEW YORK -- A former "Sopranos" actor has been cleared of second-degree murder in the 2005 shooting death of an off-duty policeman.

Lillo Brancato was convicted of a lesser charge of attempted burglary. He faces a minimum of three years in prison on that count, but the former actor could get credit for time served because he has been behind bars about that long. "

anon

i met this guy a few years ago in NY at a club, and he is such a cokehead!!!
short litte arrogant guy-

totoafrica

KAT & Tani, I hope a member of your family gets shot and killed. I really do. That officer had a family, and because this guy wanted a thrill, he's dead.

Nance

I prayers go out to the officer and his family.....This killer will get his..!

tani

umm @ sickofidiots HE DIDN"T SHOOT THE COP THE OTHER GUY DID. he didnt kill anyone and apparently the jury agrees.

bitch

Party 'till you die!

I would say art imitates art, but in this case it's more like douche imitates douche! Sounds like said douche just barely missed out a whopper charge of KILLING A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER and skates on just being a douche-bag thief! I don't think telling people he's a real life 'mafia thug' type will help him much when he's corn(holed)ered in a shower!

Doh!

This little twit will be back infront of judge sooner than later..

he's been a drug addict for quite some time...
It's a shame he got off the murder charge,
He may not have pulled the trigger, but it happened while in the commission of another crime.
They should have thrown the book at this loser..

Todd

Don't worry this DUMB A S S will get his!!!!!!!

We should feel sorry for the Officcer's Family NOT THIS PIECE OF S H I T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Bouldack

Love The Sopranos and his character. I read an extensive interview with him where the piece was just printed with the questions asked and his answers. This guy is living on a different planet than the rest of us. He has such a feeling of entitlement, it isn't even funny. I was horrified and grieved by what I read, because I really liked him. His reality and mine aren't at all compatible. The interview was done from his jail cell, and you would have thought that would have brought some type of clarity to him.

Nope.

I am afraid I have to agree with the others here who say he will be back in trouble in no time. He really doesn't get it. It's a shame, too. What a waste.

totoafrica

sickofyou, He is guilty by the people he associates with. And, if you're soo tough and like to call grown men "bitch" tell me where you live. I'll show you bitch. I'm in INDY, and will meet you anywhere. I will beat you like the "bitch" you are, then you can defend my actions like you have Lillo Brancato's. If you think I am kidding, you're wrong.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments