« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Warren Sapp

Races Michael Phelps

1/6/2009 1:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Not a joke!!! The Big Man challenged The Human Dolphin to a swim duel at the Gansevoort South in South Beach -- and shockingly, it was an incredibly close finish!

Michael Phelps: Click to watch
Sapp did have a half-a-pool head start, but still ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

my 3 cents

Swimming with the Stars

2055 days ago

my 3 cents

Who said, "black Men can't swim, most likely the same person who said white man can't jump".

****This was not meant to be racist, just funny*****

2055 days ago

Bryan

I am now convinced that someone at TMZ is in love if not OBSESSED with Mike Phelps! Enough already with this guy! He's a total bore! nobody cares about him and all his medals. ....zzzZZZ!

2055 days ago

Al Baby

To Six its the blond surfer dude who loves Phelps he is such a fruit cup

2055 days ago

muffinamy

You guys are a bunch of killjoys. Looks like they had fun to me.

2054 days ago

Kalipsew

You're right #8 - looks like they were having loads of fun. And BTW #5, could you have done what Warren did on DWTS? Didn't think so - it's for grown ups ONLY. Now go back to your corner and suck your thumb!

2054 days ago

Dollar Store Diva

Phelps is having a little too much fun. He better win some more medals or he's screwed.

2054 days ago

Boudica

Hate the playerhaters! The are both having a great time, and your not! TMZ is right to talk about Mike a lot. NOBODAY has done what he has done! He is someone I wouldn't mind my kids looking up to. Warren Sapp is not just some DWTS fool either! He was a GREAT football player (with a superbowl ring) before that! And how many sports did he letter in at college, 3 or 4 or something spectacular. Thanks TMZ, for showing good things that happen to celebrities, too!

2054 days ago

Dollar Store Diva

I'm just saying that he's been spotted at a lot of parties with a drink in his hand. Come up with a silver or bronze and that is what people are......................... oh screw it.

2054 days ago

Platinum Diva

This is sooo cute!!! I think all the celebs/non-swimmer athletes should race Phelps the same way, so it's clear if there is ever a winner or who came the closest! GO PHELPS!!!

2054 days ago

Noel

Warren looks like a hippo these days...except he cannot swim like one.

2054 days ago

Who Caresss!!!

Dumb asses, all of them! Sapp for being a douche bag overweight ex-nfl wannabe dancer and Phelps for beating a fat idiot who needs to lose 100 lbs.. tho it was nice to see Sapp get his big mouth handed to him. lol.

2054 days ago

Lisa H. from Baltimore

I am from Baltimore...live 10 mins from Fells Pt where Michael Phelps now resides...was in Miami this weekend for the Ravens game and stayed at the Gansevoort South. Michael Phelps was laying out at the 3rd floor pool on Monday and I took a picture of him from a distance. Either he or his girlfriend sent over the security to tell me that the VIP would like me to refrain from taking his picture. Personally, I think that is very uncool. I know celebs do not like to be photographed and I've never taken a photo of one before, but I feel that if you do not want to be seen...get a private suite with your own pool. I am no longer a hometown fan of Michael Phelps.

2054 days ago

roquette

at least michael is doing some swimming

all he's been doing lately is gambling, being with women, and drinking

2051 days ago

MRS.MOLLYKINS

AHHH POOR LISA!!! HE SOUNS SO UNCOOL NOW! I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU... MAN IF'HD EVER TOLD ME TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM I'D GO UP THE AND SLAP THE SH***t ouT OF HIM AND HIS GIRLFRIEND~! HE A DOUCHE ON MY LIST :]

2048 days ago