Fantasia:

Going Once, Twice,

Not so Fast!

1/11/2009 12:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia apparently has figured out the new way in a bad economy -- cut a desperate deal.

0805_fantasia_getty
The "Idol" winner was about to lose her $1.1 mil pad in North Carolina because of $$$ probs -- she owed $58,000 to Broward Energy Partners and the company had put the house on the auction block. She had borrowed the cash from the company to pay taxes.

At the last minute, the woman who is now most famous for being a no-show when she starred in an Oprah play on Broadway struck a deal with the company and her home is safe -- for now.

maggie

Hmmmn, zero comments. To troll or not to troll.....

totoafrica

Glad to see she appriciated every oppourtunity that was given to her. What a loser. This goes to show you, never mess with Oprah!!

keena

She's just putting off the inevitable. She'll buy more bling and still not make those pesky house payments

Bex

I just found a new place to park my car...her giant mouth!

David

This is funny. A one million dollar home. Can she spell home? Did she even have a home before? It is an extreme chuckle to see so many of THESE (and I can't call the celebrities, because there hasn't been a true celebrity since about 1958) adopt lifestyles they were never accustom to. Thank God I live in a community that is gated and has a board to vote on who has access. Believe me, there are still ways of "filtering" your surroundings to prevent this type of invasion.

Bex

Pole smoking champ, right there!

jabba

Too much $$ spent on lip gloss and lipstick!! Bet Idol is upset they backed that horse!! Get it--horse? She is getto-fabulous. Kinda like Jed Clampet hitting it rich. Wonder if her place has a cement pond--Imagine the house if fully of Hennesy and Colt 45. She never was a very humble Idol. It is funny she pulled one over on Oprah!!

Zoya

Well in all fairness no one should lose their home. I have to mention one unfair statement in regards to her missing 50 something performances of The COlor Purple. I had to look this up because it intrigued me-- She actually had problems with her vocal cords a cyst of some kind was on them. SHe eventually had to have surgery which removed a tumor on her vocal cords so there was a medical reason for the missed performances. As for her talent or lack of I couldnt care less for her abilities..Never bought her albums never will. Althoug I will admit to watching that TERRIBLE made for tv movie abt her life..... Whoever told her she could act must of been on crack

maggie

She has never been quite the same since that jet-skiing accident, mentally speaking

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

Talent doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with brains or integrity. Fantasia was a talented loser who was given fantastic opportunities, and threw them away. Too bad, but she deserves to return to obscurity.

maggie

i dont get it? why are you all saying she is a talentless loser? She's won awards and stuff, and has a new album coming out. What did she do that made her a loser? I'm not being rhetorical, I'm genuinely asking???

ozzman

jackass...

maggie

Haha number 13!! Dont bite, people - he's a troll, he's a troll!!!! HAhaha

tacoluv

this bitty is FUGLY!!!! Hey you can blame America for making this.......----THING,, a little famous.

who cares

CLASSICE CASE OF WHAT MONEY CAN DO,,,,IT WAS A SHEER FLUKE SHE WON ANYTHING, I DO THINK SHE IS TALENTLESS..SO WHAT SHE HAS AN CD COMING OUT...SO DOES ELMO AND BIG BIRD. i TRIED TO WATCH HER STORY BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE A DUDE IN DRAG..ICK.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments