Lisa Kline's Husband Dies In Tragic Fall

1/22/2009 8:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lisa KlineCeleb designer Lisa Kline's husband died in a freak accident early this morning -- and sources say it may have been due to a sleepwalking incident.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ Lisa was woken up around 1:30 AM when she heard a loud crashing sound outside of her house. When she got up to investigate, it appeared her husband, Robert Bryson, had fallen off the upper level balcony and struck a fence. Kline rushed down and tried to resuscitate him, but attempts were unsuccessful.

We're told the couple had gone to sleep in the same bed together several hours before the tragedy.

Kline's rep released the following statement:
"Lisa Kline and her family suffered a tremendous tragedy when her husband, Robert Bryson, accidentally fell to his death at the family's home on Thursday. Lisa and her family are thankful for the outpouring of support they have received, and ask for privacy at this difficult time."

UPDATE: Law enforcement sources say they're investigating whether alcohol could have played a part in his death.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Connor Banks

As it turns out, Robert Bryson was drunk, climbed up on the balcony to urinate, fell off and died.

Cabo

I am SO deeply sorry to read this. My heart goes out to Lisa and her family. A very sad loss.

SayWhatChaWanna

What a tragedy,,
(I am sure she is not reading this,,,, )
But my prayers are with Lisa and her Family.
How sad.
Maybe some how she will know that we send her our best.

ThoseCopsArePigs

That is terrible!!! Did he take sleeping pills before he went to bed?? Did he have a history of sleepwalking???

Me

TMZ- find out the truth!

He was either drunk, on drugs, or she pushed him off the balcony!

Maybe it was a suicide, but it wasn't a " sleepwalking accident".

rachelle

#3 - You are sick. I hope no one you love has an accident and dies, but then again there is probably no one you love.
Life is just one big party, isn't it???

lilly

Sad I dont know this, but who is Lisa Kline?

jen

who's Lisa Klein?

Melissa

Sad :(

A devastated friend

My heart breaks for his wife and two children. He was the kindest, gentlest, most loving person you could ever know. I'll miss you Bob, and I still can't that you're gone, but I am thankful to have known these past 25 years.

Amazing

2 things some people believe are fake: laryngitis and sleepwalking. I walked in my sleep as a child and climbed up onto a closet shelf. One that I could not reach while awake. Recently, I got laryngitis and no sound would come out of my mouth,. This stuff REALLY does happen.

Prince Von A-Hole

"and ask for privacy at this difficult time"

Why would you even print this part. No one is better at invading privacy during these times then TMZ. #4 I think that is what #3 is trying to say but you would rather wish a death on them then read. Its called sacasm. How soon we forget. Travolta ring a bell, Ledger ring a bell.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

This woman has a bomb azz website! She has awesome stuff of her own and awesome stuff that celebs wear. Stuff you don't find in GA. if you don't know who she is, lisakline.com , check it out.

Heather

Robert was not the type that would commit suicide nor did he do drugs. He was a hard working and honest man who loved his family. He will be missed.

Kyleg

Good freaking gravy........who ever knew that sleepwalking could be so dangerous in LA? At least with a drive by you have a chance to "duck"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments