« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Thorpedo Don't Fit In Speedo

1/28/2009 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe -- medalist nine times over in 2000 and 2004 -- now has his very own flotation device.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

SweetLu

I agree with you Jay (comment #47) -- the navel and nipples are different. I think someone Down Under (and I'm talking "Australia") pull the love handles over TMZ's eyes. This is not Thorpie (as he is known during the Sydney Olympics). And, really, you'd have to show me a full-body pic of the 2nd guy to tell if it's Ian, because Thorpie packs an elephant gun in his Speedos (... if ya know what I mean). wink, wink

2001 days ago

Mattc6969

Not the same guy people. Look at the belly button. One is an innie and one is an outie.

2001 days ago

Jen

Who cares if it is him or not, the guysis still about 90% better looking then most men esp. the reporters for this site.......they can't post pic. of themselves in swim wear, in fear of the camera breaking!

2001 days ago

Sarah

I can't believe how critical people are being. The first photo would have been taken at the height of his career, when he was training like no tomorrow. He has since retired and there for has a right to have an average body. Any athlete of his level once stops competing professionally is of course going to loose muscle tone and possibly gain weight! Get a reality check, he may have once had an amazing body, but he has done plenty of wonderful things since retiring for Australia!

2001 days ago

Mickster

that is not him unless he got new nipples too - they are different

2000 days ago

Liza

Sorry to say, it is him. Google him. Pictures are there. I like him a bit heavier.

2000 days ago

Moon

i've seen the porkers that snap these photos.... are we getting desperate for stories here?

2000 days ago