Bale vs. Director -- Best Freak Out

2/4/2009 3:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Bale's tirade is epic, no doubt. But remember the explosion on the Lily Tomlin set when David O. Russell ripped her a new one?

Click to view!Click to view!

joey - I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!!!

Dude, you are really not that important, No REALLY you aren't!
I used to think your acting skills went beyond acting like a loser....
Whine, bitch, moan, cry.
They'll remember Heath Ledger - you'll just be another "Batman"

Potato Manwich

New Christian Bale remix

Mix Your F!&^%&* Ass (Serious Distraction Mix) Bale Meltdown

ttp://youtube.com/watch?v=4HYfVGSq7mg

Sue

I THOUGHT IT WAS TOM CRUISE ON THAT TAPE, I BET THATS THE WAY HE TELLS KATIE SHE IS NOT PERFORMING HER DUTIES CORRECTLY! HA HA

Intensity

This is an intense actor, in an intense scene, who lost it. I can't imagine that he is proud of himself. I also can't imagine that this is his everyday personality. People, this is a multi-million dollar project. There is enormous pressure here. Christian Bale is a man that dives so deeply into his character that he is willing to risk death If you don't believe me, watch The Machinist. He lost 63 lbs for that role. He lost it, nobody got hurt, end of story. People in high pressure jobs lose it all the time. Tirades like this were a daily occurrence in places like Microsoft in the 90s and Apple up until a few months ago. This story makes me want to watch his movies more. It just confirms to me that Christian Bale is giving every ounce of himself towards his role to make the movie the best it can be. Listen, if you want to work with insanely talented people, to produce the best product there is, and I mean the best, then you better be ready to take some heat if you aren't giving it your best. I can guarantee that the lighting guy who got ripped a new one holds nothing against Bale. He knew he deserved part of what he got.

Stephanie

what an A-hole! I will never watch any movies with Bale in them again!!! He needs to be kicked in the balls!

styles

First thing learnt in film school, don't mess with the actors. CB has a billion dollar franchise resting solely on his shoulders if MCG's previous films say anything (eg. they suck). Bale's tirade was about the work and the film, imagine if there were recordings of all the untalented losers in hollywood fliping out over not having enough assistants, sugar in their latte or big enough trailer. In the end, Bale can do what he wants because he's just that good.

The RoadRunner

David O. Russell was right to be angry at Lily Tomlin, she was been totally inconsiderate and arrogant towards him. In his tone of voice you can see he is really hurt by her attitude. Christian Bale on the other hand is speaking to the Director of Photography like pretentious egomaniacs approach people. In his tone of voice you can see that Bale's thinks he is above the guy.

styles

Isn't it interesting how this tape got releassed, the quality of the recording means that it was the onset recorder, therefore property of the studio. So now, the tape is released and everyone's talking about T4, it's called a publicity stunt, and it's a good one.

The RoadRunner

As David O. Russell points, directors help the actors in portraying their characters, not to mention that the person that make you a star is the director by making a good movie and giving you exposure to the public. Casting Agents should watch this video to contemplate Lily Tomlin's lack of teamwork in making a movie and not contract her anymore.

reach around

everyone who has something to say negative about Bale, zip - it! Bale is the flip'n man! end of story no questions asked. the camera man sounds like a complete turd!

Emma

I don't know why directors put up with enraged actors, especially in Christian Bale's case. Just ask him for the cast list of Newsies, and you've got about two hundred replacement actors who WON'T harass the lights guy for fixing the lights.

Evan

Bale is still the man, Everyone has had a bad day.

jimmy Funnyman

Hey Chrissy,
you should stick to doing psycho movies. I'm too sexy for my acting so sexy yeah, cant touch this. haha

ddlee

What a prima donna bitch-boy!
He's lucky he was working out on a couple of spineless hollywood sychophants.
He ought to try talking to someone like that in the real world and see what happens.
He's also fortunate he doesnt have to work a real job if he goes to pieces like that on a sound stage because he 'cant get into the scene'.
What a punk ass.
I have no respect for him or his work after that pathetic performance.

nate bower

Wow, Christian. You need to go on retreat somewhere. You could have gotten your point across without the demeaning behavior, and with one/tenth the verbiage. You are an arrogant, thoughtless prick. And as many have said, you are just an ACTOR for God's sake. get over yourself. And grow up. Sad.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments