Farrah Fawcett Sues Over THAT Photo

2/13/2009 9:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah FawcettIf you were alive in the 1970s, you either had or knew someone who had that iconic red swimsuit photo of Farrah Fawcett plastered on their wall. Now, that photo is at the center of a lawsuit.

Fawcett is suing Bio-Graphics inc., Pie International Inc. and author T.N. Trikilis, claiming that Trikilis "has falsely asserted to third parties that [Fawcett] does not own any rights in the photographs."

Fawcett says she "owns and possesses all the photographs and negatives of all the photographs taken at the photo shoot."

Fawcett claims Trikilis and Pie were telling people they owned exclusive rights to the photo. She says Trikilis and Pie have reproduced the photo and are selling it.

Farrah is suing for $100,000 minimum.

UPDATE -- We almost never put comments up on the site, but this one is too good: "I still have the poster on my bedroom wall & it still does the trick..."

hmmm..

Does she have the rights?

ozzman

everybody's gotta be a jackass...

toofastforyou!

I still have the poster on my bedroom wall & it still does the trick...

spearit

Good for her. Nail their asses to the wall Farrah.

Dave

She needs the money For Ryan and her messed up Son for the Meth. Charged last year. Get a LIFE FARRAH.Stay away from those Perscription Drugs FARRAH.

mehh..

I thought I read somewhere a lonnngg time ago that she did not have the rights to the poster, or something...???
gosh, times must be getting tough..even for Farrah!!
go do another reality show and dance aorund on Letterman againand strip for Hef, and you will make more than you are suing for..
airhead..!

I used to feel sprry for this woman but a lot of her crap she brings on by her own stupidity!!

Kooky Fan

I once was spanking it to that poster in my bedroom and I forgot to lock the door. My grandma walked in and I cried like a little bitch

Rest in Peace

Unless she paid a ton of money for those shots and the rights to those shots years ago, the photographer owns those shots, not her. She's so dingy, unless she has a cancelled check and a signed agreement to say just that, don't believe her.

Disgusting

That's your idea of witty? Why must skeevy guys always discuss their penis and jerking off and make everyone else nauseous?

She owns the rights and it was an incredibly shrewd and empowered thing to do. It is big business and she should go after every penny.

1993 days ago

leave the gun, take the cannolis.

If you look real close while rubbing one out, you can see pubes.

Kooky Fan

Hey Right On....I don't complain when you write posts about buttering your muffin

Monica

I can pretty much guarantee that unless it was in the contract for the shoot, or she paid afterward, the PHOTOGRAPHER owns all rights to the pictures. That's typically how it works, and she should know that (which makes me wonder if she DID buy the rights).

As for posessing the prints & negatives (and god, I'm amazed that no youngster has asked yet "What are negatives") that doesn't mean she owns the rights.

And Chester P Chicken, you're famous :p

Monica

@ #1 (WTF) I do believe that's what the courts will be attempting to determine.

saved1

I do need the money, but I first have to figure out who to sue in order to make a living. These stars make me sick. Not only are they wealthy, but they don't know the pain of the "common" person who made them rich. At the slightest show of a fallen bank account these a**holes want to sue. I need to find out who I can sue just to eat. TMZ. or whomever, please let me know....

1993 days ago

leave the gun, take the cannolis.

The Copyright Law provides an advantage
to photographers. If client and photographer have not agreed in writing that
the resulting copyright to the photos will be owned by the client, ownership
of any assignment photos automatically belongs to the photographer.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments