R.I.P. Mickey Rourke's Dog

2/18/2009 1:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mickey Rourke

Loki Rourke
1991 - 2009

"Sometimes when a man's alone, that's all you got ... is your dog."
-- Mickey @ the Golden Globes

CLMWSQ

Animals are more honest, accepting & loving than most people ever hope to be. I am sorry for Mr. Rourkes loss. Whether some ya-hoo's on here understand it or not, animals offer healing, acceptance & unconditional love in a world where people are often & usually wrongly judged based on thier looks, bank accounts or past mistakes. Humans are mostly self serving & unaware of the greater picture. I'm not saying all humans are like this but especially in Hollywood - fake is great & money rules. This is partly why our country is in the condition its in - greed.
Dog is GOD spelled backwards..animals, nature were the first things created - whether you believe creation was by big bang or as told in the Bible. Either way, I'm sorry for him & I admire his dedication & compassion to the more vunerable who walk among us.

Rick J

Those of us who have dogs in our lives understand the connection and love between us and our fur coated friends. Sometimes when things are at there darkest, whether you are experiencing a bad breakup or the loss of a loved one, seeing your dog running up to you with his tail wagging obviously happy and excited to see you is exactly what you need to get you through. In the crazy world of Hollywood, and we all know Mickey's might be the King of Crazyworld, I am sure that his dogs serve as symbols of acceptance and love for him and have helped him through some dark times. I hope his grieving is short and his healing comes quickly..

carol

I'm sorry about your loss. My daughter's dog recently died - that dog was like one of my grandchildren and I miss her terribly.
Read the Rainbow Bridge poem-maybe it will help.

john

R.I.P

firebaby

awww... i had two pigeons die last friday... one was older than my 4-year old son... sucks to lose a member of your family, much harder when they've been with you for 18 years... so sorry for your loss, mickey...

R.I.P Loki

chrisa

little dogs like that have remakably long life spans. much longer than large breed dogs. we had a small mongrel that was 17 when she passed away, whereas my bull mastiff was only 5 and a half (lymphoma)
so 18 years is not an unreasonable life span for a little dog.

RIP Loki!

Joanne

That is really sad. My condolences to you, Mickey. I realize our pets can be just like our children..

ADRIANA

R.I.P LOKI! I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH HE LOVES HE'S DOGS. PEOPLE HE LOST HIS DOG SO STOP BEING A**HOLES! WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE HIM THAT RESPECTS ANIMALS!

pattijen

What a mess Mickey Rourke turned out to be. I remember how handsome he was in 9 1/2 Weeks. He had such potential. But look at him now. It's like they're giving him an award for playing himself looking like a burned out loser. I guess he took one too many punches to the head in the boxing ring. Instead of being an older hottie like he could have been, he's turned into some strange weirdo who looks like he doesn't wash his hair. Sad to see.

Friday

I saw his love for Loki when he held her/him? (sorry) lovingly during his interview on The View (see it on Youtube).

As a dog owner, all I can say is, The more people I meet, The more I love my dog!!

RIP little darling.

Kerry

Mickey, I just recently lost a beloved cat. I had her for 19 years. What a heartbreak..
Good luck with the Oscars. I will be rooting for you. From one pet lover to another.

sparkys nemesis

How come some of you can't add?? The dog was 18, not 28! My thoughts and prayers go out to Mickey. I know how wonderful dogs are, their loyalty and companionship...their unconditional love they give us...and the happiness they bring. I know what you must be going through right now.

giggle

i'm sorry for the loss. i'm not gonna say it's just a dog, get over it. but the dog was old, and lived longer than lots of other dogs, so i'll assume he was well taken care of and probably had a good life. it doesn't say how the dog died so again, i'll assume it was natural causes. that makes things a little easier to accept, no less painful, but easier. i'm sure mickey rourke is sad. he'll remember the good times though, and maybe, when he's ready, he'll get a new dog that he'll love just as much

Karen27

So sad. he said she was going to be his dates for the Academy Awards this weekend. he took her everywhere. Rip little pup.

badjuju813

My heart breaks for Mickey. The loss is something that cannot be gotten over. I have chihuahuas and just sdopted a 13 yr old little old man that is going blind and doesn't have a tooth in his head. Someone threw him away in a Petsmart parking lot. I give alot of credit to Mickey for loving and caring for Loki for 18 yrs, The love and loyalty these litlle dogs give back is amazing. R.I.P. Loki and my condolences to Mickey. May you open your heart and when the time is right adopt another little one that will love you and help you heal.