Mickey Rourke -- Comforted By Puppy Love

2/18/2009 12:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Following the loss of his beloved dog Loki yesterday, Mickey Rourke couldn't help but pet every pup that passed him by last night in NYC.

Click to view!
On his way out of dinner at the Waverly Inn, Mickey explained that his beloved Chihuahua died around 5:00 AM, but the saddened actor said he still didn't have the words quite yet to express how he was feeling.

Loki was 18.

MAXP

i am sorry mickey. i really dont care for people much, they are usually just trouble, but an animal in need is heaven sent, i love them all

Reine

I feel bad for him because I'm always devastated when one of my dogs die.

Mom in the OC

That's sad to hear! It's an awful for anyone to deal with even if the animal is old. I'll be praying for him.

yomama

It's a shame he does not miss his brain cells as much as his dog. But seriously, I know loosing a long-time pet is hard. I'm just sayin'.

mary

My heart goes out to him. I know how it feels. I lost my dog to cancer and it put me into a funk for a long time. He clearly loves his dog very much. Maybe some time in the future he can get another one.

nicole

awww...so sad. :(

Liz

The pain of losing an animal is gut wrenching!

RIP.........................Loki.

Wow

Dogs are a member of the family. When we had to put mine down, he was around 17 and there was nothing more we could do for his pain. It was terrible!

Ken

Mickey you have such a beautiful heart and i'm truly sorry for your loss. Bless you and your animal friends!!
Sunday night is your night kid!!
stay strong barfly!!! Mickey reminds me of a young Marlon....

Woodman22

Gotta feel bad for the guy. A pet is there for you, no matter what and gives love unconditionally. How many PEOPLE can you say that about??

sane

Mickey Go out and adopt an dog today that's the only way to get over the pain prayers are with you

Sue

ENOUGH ABOUT MICKEY ROURKE!!! HE IS ALL OVER TMZ THESE DAYS, HE IS MAKING HIMSELF AVAILABLE, WHAT WITH THIS BIG COMEBACK AND ALL WINNING THE GOLDEN GLOBE ETC, BUT PLEASE HE IS NOT INTERESTING, HE IS WIERD AND ANY FOOTAGE OF HIM I FIND ICKEY! ENOUGH!!!!!

badjuju813

My heart is breaking for him. Hopefully his grief will pass and he will find another chihuahua to lavish love on for many years to come.

Granny Pants

I would totally do him.

janet

so sorry to see your your little babe past away. RIP

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments