Mickey Rourke -- "She Fell Asleep in My Lap"

2/19/2009 1:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just as Mickey Rourke described his final moments with his beloved 18-year-old Chihuahua, the grieving actor looked up at the sky to gather his thoughts -- you know, since all dogs go to Heaven.

Mickey Rourke: Click to watch
RIP Loki.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Dyna

I love this guy for loving his dogs so much. My dogs mean the world to me. It really rips your heart out when you lose a beloved pet.

1970 days ago

HARDY-HAR-HAR

.... "6. Bless him, I know how hard it is to lose a pet."

I SECOND THAT.

And, btw TMZ, yes they DO go to Heaven.

1970 days ago

Donna in Kansas

I love you Mickey and I know what you must be feeling right now. Just know that you gave Loki a wonderful life and I can only imagine what comfort she felt knowing you were there with her.....all the way to the end!

Love you brother!

In my thoughts and prayers........

Donna

1970 days ago

Mntnmn

Hang in there Mick. I've been there. Ignore the idiots at TMZ laughing. Loki will still be with you til you see her again. God bless you.

1970 days ago

bennett

rainbow68 - They're both nominated in different categories you dumbass. and Ledger deserves it. One of the best performances ever. Day Lewis worthy.

1970 days ago

Mo

I LOVE YOU MICKEY!!!!! I think he is stille sexy as hell!!!! He's still got it. I hope Mickey win's the oscar on Sunday. I am so glad he is back in the limelight. He seems very sweet and kind of a shy person but still honest and a real man! I am sorry to hear about his dog. I can understand, I have always been a dog lover and I have a daschund her name is sophie she is my everything. I feel for you Mickey and can't wait to see you in more movies to come.

Love,

Monika portland, oregon

1970 days ago

Debi & Byron

We know the pain of losing a longtime pet. We had to have our 22 yr old cat, Spud, put down on Jan. 31st. He was ready to go. Our pets bring so much joy to our lives and it's hard to let them go. Some of us are fortunate enough to have other pets in our lives to help ease the pain and carry on.

1970 days ago

Sofia

All of you should rot for making fun of a dog dying. Dogs truly are man's best friend, and if you ever had the courage to love one, your life would change. I know the pain Mickey Rourke is feeling, as I lost my own little bichon in November of last year. He was almost 15 years old, and they told me he was going to die when he was only 8 because he had diabetes. Lots of TLC , nourishment and care by our family kept him alive another 7 years. If more people cared about other human beings and animals, this world would be a better place.

Rest in peace Lokey and Mickey find strength knowing he is in doggy heaven....

1969 days ago

Freda

Sorry for your loss Mickey. I'm so glad Loki had someone like you to love her. This past October, I too, lost my beloved Pookie (3 lb. teacup poodle) after 18 years of unconditional love. I still break down from time to time. It's not easy to get over losing a companion (4 legged or other). My condolences to you Mickey. I hope knowing that there are others who understand and share the love of their pets, will bring you some comfort. And anyone who laughs at someone for loving an animal and grieving over their loss, should be ashamed.

1966 days ago