« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

SI -- "Natural Beauty" Means No Tattoos!?!

2/20/2009 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sports Illustrated is finally defending their ridiculous decision to airbrush Danica Patrick's tat off of her lower back for her spread in the Swimsuit Edition -- and the explanation is just plain BS..

Danica Patrick

"The Swimsuit Issue emphasizes natural beauty," the SI spokesman told CNBC. "The freckles are left on and, in this case, the tattoos came off."

Right -- so SI creates "natural beauty" with an airbrush?! Anyone buyin' this?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mineral makeup

Excellent post, I myself stick to nothing but all natural beauty products. I am also very aware of the foods I eat as this is one of the main causes of bad health and most skin and odor issues.

1940 days ago

Jon

I noticed the absence of her flag tattoo immediately when I saw the SI pics online and hoped that she had had it removed by laser treatment. Too bad she has the ugly thing but I am glad to see it gone for the pics, airbrush or not.

The unfortunate thing about today is that ladies are getting these horrible marks put on their body. Megan Fox used to be hot, now she is just another inked up tramp.

scum

Danica rocks!

walt

Who cares about the tat? She has no ass. And can't drive.

Gee-Gee

Where's her butt? This girl has NO curves! Blahhh.

brewstie

With all the hot women in the world, why the heck did they chose this fug? Tat or no tat, she has no business being there. They did a lot more than just shop out the tatty - we are talking major quality reconstruction work. Have you seen this woman in person??

nothing better to do

Who gives a crap about her tattoo?
She's a loud-mouthed, untalented, ugly little b*tch with no butt.

Enough already.

MICHELLE

OMG!! I AM READING A BUNCH OF JEALOUS FOOLS!!!!!!! SHE LOOKS GREAT. I BET SHE LOOKS BETTER THAN ABY OF YOU GUYS! AND YOU JON, HAVE YOU NOT ENTERED THIS CENTIRY YET.. ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE HAVE TATS NOW DAYS!!! TEACHERS, MOMS, MILITARY, ETC. WAKE UP IT'S CALLED ART. IT'S THEIR BODIES YEA THEY'LL BE OLD 1 DAY BUT YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE- HAVE FUN WITH YOUR LIFE. YOU WANT A TAT GET ONE. YOU WANT TO SKYDIVE, GO FOR IT.....................

eloc

Tattoos are tacky. They make beautiful skin look bruised and/or dirty.

m

Apparently the tramp stamp was left in when she posed in last year's Swimsuit Issue.

court

I can't understand why she is even in SI!!!! I thought these were supposed to be models; not short, no curves, bow-legged, untalented wannabes!! No wonder most racing fans think she is a joke.

Chilli

@ Wally - "Can't drive"? Moron, this shows how little you know of IRL racing. She finished 6th in the IRL 2008 season.

@ Brewstie - Lay off the crack pipe.

selena

she is a racing star - a woman and that is why she is in there
a gal who has achieved
why don't they also talk about the fact that they photo shop EVERY GAL IN THERE
AND THAT most of their gals have fake boobs
so this gal has a tramp stamp
there is a lot of fake boobs and collagen in SI .
Marissa Miler Bar Rafaeeli= all fake

Prince Von A-Hole

Just more TMZ staff ignorance

havepulse

Just about every photo of a person in every magazine you see has been airbrushed. So I don't have a problem with them airbrushing someone's "mistake" from their body. Stop permanently disfiguring your bodies ladies - it's not cool!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments