McNutt to Cops:

'McNuggets Are an Emergency!'

3/3/2009 2:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_mcnugget_2-1There's a reason this woman is wearing a serious grimace on her face -- she was just arrested over a box of Chicken McNuggets!!

Here's how it all went down: Latreasa Goodman claims she ordered -- and paid -- for a box of some delicious nuggets at a Mickey D's in Florida over the weekend, when suddenly the unthinkable happened -- she was told there were no more nuggets to be had. When an employee told her it was against store policy to give refunds, Latreasa called 911 -- three times in a row.

When the cops got to the scene, they tried to explain that McNugget drama is not an emergency -- but according to the police report obtained by TheSmokingGun.com, Latreasa begged to differ:

"This is an emergency, If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one. This is an emergency."

But here's the rub: Even after cops cited her for "misuse of 911," Latreasa continued to tell cops, "This is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency."

FYI -- the mug shot in this post is from a previous arrest. We're guessing Der Wienerschnitzel ran out of chili.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

green_eyed_baby

How high was this woman?

2004 days ago

muleshoe

When they first started 911 about 40 years ago, they did not specify it was for emergencies only. It was promoted as an easy number to remember anytime you needed to call the police or the fire department. The person who answered could be any low wage person who who simply forwarded your call to the necessary phone number.

Later it was designated for emergency use. Then they had to make inappropriate use of it a crime, instead of just stupidity.

2002 days ago

jethro

Here's the thing... She was right. When you're right, you're right. They were wrong to ring up the order without having the product available, and then they were wrong for not refunding her money. 911 was probably not the correct tool, but if you can't understand her frustration, you lack any semblance of empathy.

1989 days ago

M.

Wow, while she was fighting about nuggets, there could have been people dying, getting stabbed, being mugged. Filing a complaint with the corporate office is what you do, you don't call the police over nuggets...that's ok she was probably bored, I mean sitting home collecting welfare can get old after a while...

The police force is getting smaller thanks to a recession, we do NOT need the few officers we have being sent to a McDonalds over food.

I would say to her, get a job....Get a life....get anything -- but stay the hell off 911 -- I think police should arrest people who misuse 911.

1983 days ago

Steph

what a joke.....

2008 days ago

El Beebs

Why wouldn't McDonald's just give the lady her money back if they didn't have what she wanted? What a horrible policy.

2008 days ago

Zoya

I wonder how many times her mommie and daddie dropped her on her head when she was a baby....... Is there a 12 step program for McNugget addiction because she may need a McNugget Intervention lol

2008 days ago

hehehehe

Where is TooFastForYou I'm shocked that this douche bag is not
first!

2008 days ago

KP

I'd be pissed if I gave someone money and they took it with out giving me what I wanted! What an idiot. How can they take your money knowing they dont have a product? I'd be callin' 911 too..stealers...Plussss McD's is nasty..They give you the Shlitz.

2008 days ago

BFlyy

guess she had that mcnuggets luvin!!! i love that commercial apparently she'd seen it too many times

2008 days ago

Kay

She did deserve a refund and the staff should have given it to her, but she went about it the wrong way. McDonalds would have given her lots of free coupons if she wrote or emailed head office.

2008 days ago

Elektra

LMAO with the comments, speacially #6. I have so many jokes in my head that I can´t write one, hahahahahahahahaha.

2008 days ago

Mike

Okay, so calling 911 may not have been a measured response to the situation, but I can understand her frustration.

Imagine purchasing something, and after they take YOUR money, you are told that they do not have what you just purchased Oh, and that you DO NOT get your money back, you have to make another selection.

I would be livid too. What kind of place does not give a refund? They should not have sold something they did not have to sell.

I think the police should NOT have given her a ticket. She was frustrated and felt helpless and screwed over and she gets cited for it. You know damn well had she called the regular non-emergency police line those lazy cops would have taken several hours to come out. If cops don't want people to use 911 for non-emergency reasons then they should get off their fat lazy asses and respond to the non-emergency calls. Cops exist to serve the community and that includes disputes between retailers and consumers. If ANYONE has needed a cop for a non-emergency reason you know they take forever to get there.

This McDonald's should be sued for intentional trespass to personal property.

2008 days ago

Dixie

They should have told her they didnt have any McNuggets when she placed her order.

2008 days ago

TJ

She was in the right, but handled it the wrong way. Who eats at McDonald's anymore anyway? Nasty sh!t.

2008 days ago