Chris Brown

Charged with Two Felonies

3/5/2009 2:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County District Attorney has just charged Chris Brown with felony assault and making criminal threats, also a felony.

Two Felonies

The charging documents name "Robyn F." as the alleged victim.

Brown will be arraigned today at 3:30 PM in downtown LA.

A spokesperson for the D.A. tells TMZ he could face a maximum of four years and eight months in prison.

Click here to live chat!

Millie

ha ha!!! way to go assmunch!!! i hope some dude beats the crap out of your worthless ass in the penn!!! & i hope his name is candy & bends you over like the dog that you are!!! ruff!

stella and diane

THE WHOLE STORY IS THAT SHE BEAT HIM IN HIS HEAD ONE TOO MANY TIMES AND HE HAD ENOUGH.
CARIBBEAN WOMEN DON'T PLAY, HE SHOULD HAVE HOOKED UP WITH JORDIN SPARKS INSTEAD OF THIS CRAZY POSESSIVE BITCH.
HE IS TOO TALENTED AND GORGEOUS TO WASTE HIS LIFE AWAY LIKE THIS. I HOPE HE RELEASES ANOTHER ALBUM SOON.
I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED WATCHING R KELLY HAVING SEX WITH AN UNDERAGE GIRL.

KELC

This is great news but, I know with him being a celebrity he will only get probation, they get away with everything!

Oh Geez

Well even if they are married, in the state of California the DA can compel testimony from the spouse in a domestic abuse case. So it's a waste money to get married, they'll just have to spend all the more when they divorce in 6 months...uh weeks. Cases just like this one are filed every day. A red mark from a slap can be considered felony spousal abuse (anything that leaves a mark)...this one however from what I have seen in the media deserves to BE a felony. And he deserves to do time. But for a first offence and "she loves him" he'll likely get away with probation. But short of a jury trial filled with Chris Brown fans, I don't see him getting off. She needs to wise up - it's called the CYCLE of violence...of course he loves her now.

Hayley

Angie - Nothing Rhianna said provoked Chris Brown. A woman cannot provoke a man to hit her. He has the choice to walk away. He did not make that choice. She is not in control of his actions. Is someone else in control of your actions? I didn't think so. Please educate yourself.

Joanne

Just four years? It should be a lot more than that... I think Rihanna needs a conservator, just like Britney....

swannie

mamie 83, comment #124, your comment makes me sick to my stomach. I'll bet you are either a male, or a female that's never been hit. you are as disgusting as Chris

Who Caresss!!!

I SEE TRASH BY THE ROAD WAY. UNDERSTAND CHRIS BROWN IS AVAILABLE FOR THE NEXT 4YRS 8 MOS. AND THEY SAY GOOD HELP IS HARD TO FIND... LAWL!!

teresa

hahahahahahahahaha SUCKERRRRR!

Johnboy

I think Chris got what was coming! I have been in an abusive relationship and it's so easy to blame the one abused for being stupid...She's not! She's just scared and needs help! I hope he gets the maxium for what he has done it was uncalled for and has scarred a womans pride for life. It's a shame that this issue is one that is so understated in America today. IDEA! Chris Brown has to do a public service announcement from his jail cell...Wonder if people would think he's cool then. He's a role model for the younger generation and he has just enstilled in our youth that it's ok and the courts should make it CLEAR that it's not! The media should also follow suit and stop promoting him along wiht all the radio stations. CRIME=PUNISHMENT!

MY BUSINESS

HAHAHAH!! I HOPE THAT HE GOES TO JAIL AND SOMEONE MAKES HIIM HIS BITCH AND BITCH SLAP HIS EFFIN ASS!!! GO TO JAIL!! GO TO JAIL!! GO TO JAIL!!! OH AND TELL RIHANNA TO CALL ME YEAH...

cadensnanny

The really sad part about all of this is that they are both role models to our young people. The young ladies who's boyfriends are already hiting/beating them will think its ok to stay with the abuser because Rianna did! So very sad, this young man needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law & Rianna herself needs some sort of counseling because she obviously thinks its ok. (I'm sure she thinks she provoked him and therefore deserved it)

elle

This looser WILL end up in prison sooner or later. Hopefully it will be for assault rather than murder.

And as far as is 'Robyn F' - she should be ASHAMED of herself and the example she is setting.

mh

Well, if he did the crime he should do the time. I hate that this happened to the both of them, but it is a wake up call for them both. They BOTH need counseling for a long time not some measly 12 week course.

Hayley

Mamie83 - Getting beat up by a man is a VERY BIG deal. This will damage Rhianna for the REST of her life!!! It's abuse which could eventually lead to her being killed. Women die EVERY day at the hands of their abusive boyfriends/husbands. You don't think murder is a big deal????? Abuse is an epidemic and it's very serious. Just like Angie and her ignorant comments, you need to educate yourself!!