Chris Brown

Charged with Two Felonies

3/5/2009 2:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County District Attorney has just charged Chris Brown with felony assault and making criminal threats, also a felony.

Two Felonies

The charging documents name "Robyn F." as the alleged victim.

Brown will be arraigned today at 3:30 PM in downtown LA.

A spokesperson for the D.A. tells TMZ he could face a maximum of four years and eight months in prison.

Click here to live chat!

lets be real

HEY IÁM A WOMAN AND I THINK THAT WHEN WE HIT OR START BEATING ON YOU MEN. TAKE IT OR RUN LIKE A BITCH SO I COULD GET A GOOD LAUGH.

lls

Modern day lynching Merkito! WTF!

If so then expect Al Sharpton to show up in 3...2...1.

Take your racist a!! to another site!

MML

Rock on Boss Boogie #46!

carol

He likes hitting. Wait till he goes to jail and he's on the receiving end. And hopefully they won't let him plea bargain.

GypsyLaura

About time LA Court system steps up to the plate!

Lite it

Whose gonna be the biaaatch now????

Angie

I honestly don't believe the "abuse" was as bad as the media is reporting. Media, especially gossip columnists, have a history of sensationalizing stories to get their ratings up. I do not believe Chris could have done all of that while driving. I do believe he hit her, but I don't believe she was innocent; however, I don't know that for a fact because neither one are speaking on what exactly happened. I do not believe in men just beating women, but if a woman puts herself in that position where she's acting like a man and potentially "abusing" him either physically or verbally, then she can get hit like a man. I for one have never been hit but I don't put myself in that position and if a man ever hit me, I definately would not be back with him.

Michael Madsen

Remember the photos Nicole Brown kept in a safety deposit box? Perhaps if they'd been published earlier and OJ charged with felony assault, she and Ron Goldman would still be alive.

Angela

He is not going to serve time. THE BITCH WANTED HER ASS KICKED SO THAT'S WHAT SHE GOT. HAHAHA!!!!

kck

He is an animal after reading what he did, he should have been charges with attempted murder!!!!!

Ri Ri please stay strong and be careful! It will probably happen again and WORSE!!!

lets be real

kzbear81

Now he's going to get after her for what he's been charged with. Rihanna, IT DOESN'T GET BETTER! Get yourself some help and realize he will not change willingly. I know you think you love him but when you get professional help, you'll see otherwise. And to all you who think she deserves to get beaten or locked up because she's stupid you have a lot to learn. P Diddy, I hope you're proud of yourself for sticking your nose in. The next time she's whipped on maybe you'll think otherwise.

Me

Prediction: You're going to hear Mark Geragos (if he's still his counsel) say today that Chris Brown and Rihanna are married and that she doesn't wish to pursue charges. And then it's going to go forward anyway because the state prosecutes (and can, in spite of the victim's wishes, given the evidence). And then it will go to trial, and he'll get probation and anger management classes, because his wife lessened a much stronger case by taking the 5th and refusing to testify against spouse at trial.

K-MAC

maybe they will beat his ass in prison....she needs to come to her senses, he will only beat her again and worse.

ChrisPG