Chris Brown -- No Plea Yet

3/5/2009 8:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown and his attorney Mark Geragos did not enter a plea to the two felony charges. In a proceeding that took roughly 4 minutes and 20 seconds, the judge granted Brown's request to move the arraignment to April 6th.

Chris Brown: Click to watch

It is unclear why they wanted to postpone the case -- possibly to conduct further investigations or possibly to strike a plea deal. We just don't know...

During the proceeding, Brown signed a waiver of presence, allowing his lawyer to act on his behalf -- meaning he won't have to show up to any minor court proceedings before April 6th.

Brown, who stood emotionless in court, spoke only four words to the judge -- "yes," "yes," and "yes ma'am."

After Brown's request to continue the case had been granted, the judge warned Brown, "You are not to annoy, harass, molest, threaten or use force or violence against anyone."

Chris Brown / Rihanna Launch PhotosThe judge asked Rihanna's attorney Donald Etra if there was a "no-contact order" in place, to which Etra replied, "Miss Fenty [Rihanna] does not request such an order."

Etra is famous for repping Snoop Dogg in multiple court cases throughout the years.

Click here to live chat!

hart

This whole story is weird. There is no denying he beat the living hell out of her. The only thing is they are way too young and are being poorly advised.

And now a duet from Chris Brown and RiRi
Song title - "Why Am I so Inlove?"

Chris Brown:
You know what I'm thinkin'
You know that its you,
But some things need perfection,
Unlike you,

Chris Brown and Rihanna:
So why am I so in love?
Your the best thing in my life and always will be

Rihanna:
I'm so glad your mine,
You mean the world to me,

Chris Brown:
Your like a summers day,

Both:
I asked for your love,
you gave it to me,
I needed your trust,
the same as can be,

Rihanna:
I thought I would lose you,
but I knew i was wrong,

Chris brown:
So why did it have to happen,
when you sing this song,

Both:

Both:
My love is strong,
why am I so in love?

----
yes,its real.

mike

who cares about them they are rich, they aint payin my bills. this is
alll publicity, she is back with him so what does that say. also we
were not there maybe rihanna hit him first and he defended himself.
who cares about these 2

CuriousObserver

TMZ!!! What the hell were you guys doing?!? I just watched the whole thing inside the courtroom on E! and also partially on Nancy Grace. What the heck is wrong with your camera guy?? This isn't a time for paparazzi meet and greet! :)..Hmm, I wonder why RIHANNA DOESNT REQUEST A RESTRAINING ORDER/PROTECTION?? Rihanna has lost all sympathy from me. And who were those idiots ..um..I mean fans that went down there to support Chris?? smh You should have shown their faces! I hope E! was lying

Jamie

"Based on our information, it seems Brown wants to avoid a trial at all costs because the picture of Rihanna taken one day after the incident -- which has not been seen anywhere publicly -- is unbelievable." - TMZ

You just know that between now and continuance, TMZ will have that photo.

mike

he is still bangin rihanna tonite lol

nieka

he is not acting he is being professinail thats all i really dont like what he did but he doesnt deserve jail we have people having sex with children and they don t go to jail but he needs the book thrown at him huh..look the pint his this is his first offense and you dont know if he is remorseful or not we are not chris..if he a punk than call him a punk but dont sit here and condone more violence you are no better than him..this is a real sad situation for both parties beciase both are talented and much to offer in the world

CallMeRJ

Man you can tell he is a kid.. He replies as "Yes" and "Yes Ma"... not "Yes Judge" or "Yes Your Honor".... I hope his lawyers teach him how to answer the Judge.. The Female Judge.... =)

AndersonBrown

CHRIS BROWN I LOVE YOU AND YOU LOOK SO GOOD IN THAT GRAY AND WHITE BUTTON UP I LIVE YOU AND IMA STILL SUPPORT YOU EVEN IF YOU GET LOCKED UP ILL WAIT FOR YOU FOR HOW EVER MANY YEARS I LOVE YOU CHRIS BROWN AND I ALWAYS WILL

Christa

Can somebody just please tell me what the heck rihanna's attorney said to Chris?

britt

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol umm...r we suppose to hear dhat court seen

Fred

The continuance is to allow his attorney to work out a plea bargain. Pretty common strategy for the defense. His getting married will have no impact on convicting him, her testimony is not needed and a good defense lawyer would prefer that she not even be there.

The best thing the prosecutor can do is to get every picture he has blown up to poster size and show them to browns lawyer and tell him they will be on display during the trial.

Now we get to see if the L A DA has any sand. Just what plea will he accept and will the judge go along with it. Time will tell.

Layla

California has to be one the most backwards state when it comes to law. Chris Brown beat Rihanna. Chris Brown, through investigations, was found to be the culprit who beat Rihanna. Now a judge grants a this stupid request to wait until April 6th?

In New York, Texas, or even Florida, Chris Brown would have been wearing a jump suit tomorrow.
This is the same state that allowed Paris and Linday doing only 2 weeks in jail!

t MaRiana

this is Crazy but im glad he continued the case cuz i bet she started it... plus she aint pressing charges or a restaraing order so leave him alone damn

lilma

wow..it was pushed back, ni didn;t get 2 see him n court cuz it jkept messing up!

GGG

THE JUDGE SHOULD HAVE ISSUED A NO CONTACT ORDER REGARLESS IF RIRI WANTED ONE OR NOT. CHRIS BROWN IS A WOMAN BEATER. AN OUT AND OUT DISGRASE OF A MAN. IF RIRI TAKES HIS ASS BACK, SHE IS SHOWING YOUNG GIRLS ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT IT IS OK TO STAY WITH A PUNK WHO BEATS THEM. SHE REALLY NEEDS TO THINK LONG AND HARD ON THIS ONE. LONG AND HARD. I HOPE THEY THROW THE BOOK AT CHRIS. FROM THIS DAY FORWARD, I WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT CHRIS. DOING SO IS SAYING IT IS OK TO BEAT WOMEN.