Freak Explosion Kills Martha Stewart's Dog

3/8/2009 1:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Martha's Stewart's DogIt's dangerous work being one of Martha Stewart's dogs, because her latest pup just perished in a deadly propane explosion at a Pennsylvania kennel.

Ghenghis Kahn -- the second of Martha's dogs to die in the last year -- was one of 17 dogs killed in a tragic propane explosion at a Carbon County kennel on Friday.

The blast occurred during a propane delivery to the kennel. The delivery man -- who remains in the hospital with severe burns -- is being called a hero because he was able to throw a few dogs to safety before he was injured.

Martha has put up a memorial to her dearly deceased on her blog.

Yeddy-Bo

Boy,....What an UGLY dog!!(the puppy is kind of cute though)
Just saying................

Sam

Aw, rest in peace you poor doggy :[

jettsettrash

I love ya Martha and sympathize with your loss however one less Chow dog is a victory for mankind. The entire breed needs to be outlawed!

HOUSTON

FINALLY

THE FIRST GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY

TOO BAD, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN EARLIER TO THAT DOG.

Wow

It's so hard to lose a pet! I'm sorry to hear about this.

cheftastica

What a terrible tragedy! RIP Ghengis and the others... sympathies to Martha and everyone else who lost a dog.

Hyde30

I know how hard it is to lose a pet, but why was her dog in a kennel? She's rich enough to hire a pet sitter. I hardly have any money, yet that's what I do for my cats because it's so much easier on them than kenneling them.

YA YA

My deepest sympathy to Martha. That poor dog.

As for MR NICE, Your an ASSH OLE. You probably are a animal abuser.

cherryblossoms

Thats why I hate TMZ sooo many people are so negative and disgusting but I wont try to let them get me down because their stupid comments dont matter. I just wanted to say how sad of a tragedy it was that happened, so sorry for all the dogs and all the injured dogs and the guy that helped save them, truly sad :(

Kenneth

Laura

This is very sad. Anyone with any heart at all will feel sympathy for a hurting (and burned) animal and even more for the gentleman that was severly burned. What is wrong with peole who write such sickening comments?

Veronica

hahahahaha more concern for the dog and Martha than the guy in the hospital who suffered burns and saved some dogs also. So sad to see people priorities in life now a day.

Kay

Poor driver. Poor dogs. And then there's Martha. She's probably checking to see if her insurance will pay for a replacement.

Zoya

So sad I dont really enjoy anything in regards to Martha Stewart products. But when u get to a certain age( no offense ) pets in general become the most reliable companions... Losing one is like losing a family member. Real tragic to all the other pet owners who lost their own pets in this accident. And I hope the propane guy recovers-- the fact he tried to save the pets (and did manage to save a few) says alot abt the guy alot of people would of looked out for themselves first and not of even of tried to rescue the pets

Laura