Nelson Bro to Wife -- Get Outta My Hair!

3/11/2009 6:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew NelsonMatthew Nelson, the long, blonde haired guy from the 90s band Nelson, is pulling the plug on his marriage ... and get this -- the former rocker is the one asking for spousal support.

Nelson filed for divorce in L.A. County Superior Court on Monday, citing irreconcilable differences with his wife Yvette Stefens -- a former model who also played in the 2005 Lingerie Bowl.

Matthew and Yvette were married in 1995 ... about 4 years after the band had already ceased to be relevant.

Aileen

Why is he asking for spousal support? He is famous and should be able to support himself.

jrad247

He's one of the Nelson brothers - How does that have anything to do thats remotely close to being famous anymore...

I think he deserves spousal support, attorneys fees and half of the make up !

toofastforyou!

HEY, WHY THE PICTURE OF ELLEN DEGE...............

Victoria

HE is asking for spousal support?...tsk tsk

Patricia

Why should the wife have to support his sorry backside? He looks healthy enough to work! What a loser!!!!!!!

mega

...for a second I thought that was Ellen Degeneres

spring fling

13 years and no kids? douchebag.

lost in lalaland

Kind of sad if Ricky Nelson's son is in need of spousal support.

JC

Seriously. Don't judge the situation unless you're in it.

kay49

he looks like Ellen Degeneres,,

jen

Man up, dude!

Beacon

looks like Ellen"s long lost twin brothers mug shot

Aileen

Thanks Candace, I hope all is well with you.

I loved the Nelson's in the 80's and even saw them while they were on tour so I don't see why Matthew Nelson is asking for spousal support. He looks healthy to me and should be able to support himself. I hope they did not blow all their money.

If this is true he should be ashamed.

Aileen

Suck My Bronze.

Hah! Hah!

Mike

Where are all of those that rejoice when a women seeks spousal support?

The law goes both ways. If women want to be treated as equals, they should be treated equally in all ways, including having to fork over spousal support because they earn more money. How many celebrity wives have split expecting to continue to receive payments for the work and talent of their husbands? Like being married for a few years is a pension they get to collect once they retire from that marriage.

I hope he milks her for every cent the law deems him entitled. I think spousal support is a disgusting entitlement that needs to be abolished, but until then, I look at this as a victory for equal rights.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments