DJ AM -- Spared From Second Plane Crash

3/11/2009 8:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMUPDATE -- DJ AM's publicist flatly denies that he was ever booked on the Continental flight that crashed in Buffalo. His rep tells us, "DJ AM was never booked on the Continental flight that crashed last month, in fact he was performing that evening in NYC. That crash nor the one he was involved in, has prevented him from flying -- although he has tremendously scaled back his east coast residencies to focus on his recovery."

DJ AM, in an incredible sequence of events, was scheduled to fly on the doomed Continental flight that crashed in Buffalo and killed 49 people -- it would have been his second plane crash in six months.

According to a rep for a club in Chicago, AM backed out of a gig in Chicago because he doesn't want to fly anymore. The club rep says AM was booked on the Continental flight, but had a bad feeling about it and canceled and drove instead.

DJ AM now says his flying days are over. He will only book gigs if he can drive to them.

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

Good grief, that is just too close for comfort. Odds are, nothing else bad could possibly happen to him regarding a plane, but I don't think I would want to depend on flying if I were him, either.

Jennifa O Jenny

That's crazy! I don't blame him. Maybe he can take Amtrak to the gigs far away?

ME

THIS GUY NEEDS TO STAY ON THE GROUND. THAT'S JUST TOO MUCH.

Joy

ya right! this guy will do anything for publicity. Disgusting!

abby

I'm not buying his story.

carol

Everything comes in threes - drive, take a bus or a train from now on.

kygirll

Smart decision dude.

Dan

Sounds like that movie Final Destination ... LOL If i was DJAM friend i would stay far away ...LOL

FRANNIE

YEAH RIGHT!!! I WANT PROOF!!! I WANNA SEE A PLANE TICKET THAT SAYS HE WAS SCHEDULED TO BE ON...ANYONE CAN SAY THAT!!!!!

Tanya

You can't cheat death DJ AM! PEOPLE were not made to fly....none of us were born with wings! I believe they were metaphorically speaking when they say "I can fly" or "I believe I can fly" and so on.

Sarah

*shudders* it's like Final Destination.

MonaLove

Dude! Can anyone say FINAL DESTINATION! I may be dating myself but seriously!

The Observer

Unless the airline steps forward to validate his claim, please excuse me for doubting this. What reason would he have to travel from NY to Buffalo that fateful night? I also had the winning $260 million MegaMillions Lottery ticket but I accidentally threw it away. Sounds too much like a cry for attention and some more time in the media spotlight.

Venom

I agree MonaLove, definitely some Final Destination sh!t going on there.

Kay

What are the odds? The poor guy must think he's a marked man.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments