The "Lost" Diary -- Namaste

3/19/2009 4:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LostWelcome back to another edition of The "Lost" Diary.

I have a startling confession to make -- I didn't know "Lost" was a re-run last week until about 5:30 PM PT. I had absolutely no clue. I avoid promos and commercials all week long, so I never heard about it. But this extra week off has me super excited for tonight. It's kinda like being in a boring marriage and we skipped "date night" one week and now it's back on.

9:00 -- Instead of a PREVIOUSLY ON LOST, we get a little of Lapidus in the cockpit. I always like a scene where you see something you've already seen before, but this time from a slightly different perspective.

9:01 -- Remember back in the day when the Others were building a runway? Yeah, it just came in handy.

9:02 -- The plane landed safe and sound (tell that to the co-pilot) but some of the O6 are missing. Why some?

9:03 -- "How would I know?" -- Ben

9:04 -- Well this is interesting -- apparently Jack, Kate and Hurley are not only in a different place, but a different time as well. Again, why them?

9:05 -- "Good to see you, Kate." -- Sawyer. He didn't call her Freckles, he called her Kate. Worth noting.

9:06 -- "It's 1977." --Sawyer

9:07 -- "Uh, what?" -- Hurley

9:11 -- "Dude your English is awesome." -- Hurley to Jin

9:12 -- Once Jin gets word that Sun is on the island, he immediately books it for The Flame. It's like that "date night" thing I mentioned earlier -- times a million.

9:13 -- So you know how sometimes your ex comes back in the picture and you have to explain to your current significant other that you still have some unresolved feelings for them and you have to see if you can make it work? Sawyer is probably going to be having that conversation with Juliet -- except in this case his ex returned in a time traveling plane that crashed about 30 years apart from when she did.

9:14 -- Jin is understandably excited about the prospect of being reunited with Sun, but all I can think about is this -- Is Jin less cool now that he speaks perfect English?

9:15 -- So if Sun and Jin really are 30 years apart, are they the new Desmond and Penny, waiting to be reunited?

9:16 -- Lapidus is reassuring everyone, but I doubt he really believes any of it. Also, are they on the main island, or that other small island we once saw?

9:17 -- "Back to our island." -- Ben. Ok, that at least answers that.

9:22 -- Yada, yada, submarine, yada, yada, manifest, yada, yada, OH MY GOD IT'S LITTLE ETHAN. That's awesome.

9:24 -- Sawyer's plan is to slip Kate, Jack and Hurley in as new recruits on the sub. I want to be recruited for something.

9:25 -- There's a Hostile inside the perimeter on grid 325. No wait, it's just Sayid. In their defense, he can be awfully hostile.

9:30 -- So Faraday either is, or isn't, roaming around amongst the Dharma. Think he's gone batshit crazy? That's my vote.

9:31 -- How did Sawyer have anything in his closet that would fit Hurley?

9:32 -- Jin and Radzinsky are throwing Sayid in some kind of closet -- reminiscent of Henry Gale back in season two.

9:33 -- Sun is following Ben to find a boat to get to the main island.

9:35 -- "And how'd that work out for everyone?" -- Ben

9:36 -- "I lied." -- Sun. Nothing like smacking a guy in the back of the head with an oar to relieve a little stress.

9:40 -- There's nothing I love more than a good Dharma orientation video.

9:41 -- First off, hysterical that Jack is a janitor. Second, do you think Juliet is going to screw things up for Kate on purpose?

9:42 -- Nope, Juliet comes in just in time to "save the day." Remember that time they wrestled in the rain? Cause I do. Quite well.

9:44 -- Sawyer is beginning his interrogation of Sayid. Again, I am getting some serious Henry Gale type vibes here. I miss those days.

9:45 -- As Sun and Lapidus make their way to the main island, there is really nothing that can happen right now that would surprise me. If they ran into Charlton Heston and a society of apes that talk like humans, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

9:47 -- Ok, everything about that scene was creepy as all hell. And let me ask you this -- Would you follow Christian if he told you to? I don't think I would.

9:53 -- Against my better judgment, Sun and Lapidus have followed Christian to the Dharma Hall of Records. BTW -- check this out. Creepy!

9:54 -- Meanwhile, back at Dharma Day Camp, Mr. LaFleur is returning with his 14-J.

9:55 -- I have a feeling Jack is about to learn about Sawyer and Juliet and it's not going to be fun for him.

9:58 -- How are Sawyer and Jack still friends? They say the nastiest things to each other -- as in, Sawyer just told Jack he's responsible for a bunch of people dying. They are like Serena and Blair on "Gossip Girl" -- I can't tell from week to week whether they are friends or enemies. Not that I watch "Gossip Girl" or anything ... What does Nate see in Vanessa? She sucks! Let's move on.

9:59 -- Hmmm, a little kid is giving Sayid a sandwich. Now, I wonder who this kid is going to turn out to be?

10:00 -- OMG! I ALREADY KNOW!!!!! IT'S BEN!!!!!!

10:01 -- "I'm Ben." -- Ben. Yeah, that was easy.

For me, this episode is really all about one thing -- are the Losties going to change history? As Hurley suggested, will they stop The Purge? Or, in some sort of cosmic twist, are they somehow the cause of it?

This episode didn't really answer any questions and didn't really raise any new ones, but yet I did feel like it somehow moved us in a direction. I have to admit right now -- I am holding next week's episode to a very high standard.

I am giving this episode a C+. Didn't really do a lot for me in the long run, but yet I found myself compelled throughout.

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKERS!!! HAHAHAHAHA

allie

Jack was on the list before Juliet got back with the forged one.

parents?

Why the hell isn't Sun or Ben in 1977 too? Or Lawnmower man for that matter? Maybe everything is screwed up cause not all of the 6 returned...maybe they needed Aaron. Sayid has always been my favorite, but I think I'm starting to really like Sun. She kicks ass! I hope next week naswers a lot of questions!! I give last night a B.

Jennifer

And how in the world is Sun supposed to get to Jin? And what role does Locke play now? The whole purpose for Locke getting them to go back was to save their friends but what are they saving them from? Dharma purge? The others/hostiles? Who are the freakin bad guys? Im with you, Daniel. This episode didn't do much for me either. I would have given a D+. I am anxious however to see how this all pans out. My head is spinning right now!!

shellyb

C+ really? It was alot better than that! It seems if they want to try and change history, its gonna happen anyway. Ethan was born anyways, even though he wasn't supposed to since Amy was supposed to die, and not end up with Horace. I think the purge is going to happen anyways even if they try to chance it. Kate is going to try to get Sawyer back, and Juliets not gonna like it! Its obvoius that Sayid is going to try to kill young Ben, since we know he hates Ben, and we saw the preview for next week that Sayid has found his purpose of coming back to the island and then shoots someone. It was an awesome show last night, I think you need to stop getting your expectations soo high for every episode, and just enjoy it for what it is. Its the greatest show on tv right now, and last night definitly deserves at least a A! Stop expected the creators of the show to give all the secrets in one episode! Thats the great thing about it...every episode is like a little tease, gets you thinking, and excited for next week!

citmyway

Jin is not in the picture he shows Sun so why would she think he was still alive?? We know they live at least another year b/c when he was looking for the right picture he said "1978, here we go 1977" so there are atleast one more year of new recruites. That's about all I caught last night. I like to read other peoples comments b/c they always catch so much more then I do. I just wanted to but my 2 cents in....

Lee

The reason that Jack, Kate and Hurley and Sayid were "deposited" when they went through the light thing. Remember, that Daniel Faraday's Mother, Eloise Hawking said that if they all didn't go back, she couldn't predict the outcome, so that's why Sun, Frank, Ben AND John are 30 years later. I think that Ben wants to get back to the island so that he can go to the well that had the wheel to turn it again so they will all end up back in the same time frame. Thought is was a good episode B- because it opened up other thoughts such as why is Christian (Jack's Father alive again) or John for that matter, except that I think because they came back to 1997, they are still alive because it's "BEFORE" the time they died.

maybelikethis

Maybe the reason why Sun and Ben aren't on the island is because they are already there and cannot meet their younger selves! Peter Chang, "the orientation video guy" has an asian baby who everyone assumes to be Miles, well maybe it's Sun. We have never heard of this child again and whether or not it is a boy or a girl... so maybe it could be Sun. Anyways, I believe that Sun and Ben (as we already know is on the island) are somewhere on the island in 1977, and cannot return to that time frame because they are already there!

me

I think the reason Sun didn't make it back in time is because she didn't come back completely.. She didn't bring her baby with her(she was pregnant when she left. Lapidus wasn't on the original plane that crashed is why he didn't make the time change and Ben started at a different time as well. John is on a different time too but we haven't sen this yet.

mississippinana

I don't know what to grade this one . After this was over, I just went to bed. I was exhausted after trying to keep up with it.I think that Sawyer has landed in with the "bad guys" and his group was just lucky that the group accepted them. Anyway I am still confused but will be watching once again next week.

Me76

I have a question, if, as has been reported, nothing in Lost is placed arbitrarily, like books, pictures, knick knacks, ect.. What the h#ll does UGA (University of Georgia) have to do with anything? It was a UGA sweatshirt that Sawyer gave Hurley. I could see UCLA (since they were going to LA originally) or something like that, but UGA?? Weird...

I also really liked the fact they didn't do the "Previously on Lost", because honestly, if you haven't been watching it, the 2 min catch-up will just make you more Lost.

One last note, when Locke find Ben, he looks pretty beat up and out of it in a sick-room/hospital type setting. He looks much worse when John finds him than he did pre-flight or post flight (this episode), and I don't think that it's just from Sun hitting him with an oar. It will be interesting to find out what happened there.

shmall

what ever happened to claire? i cant remember if she died or just disappeared.

Jessica

I think some people are missing the point when they talk about how Amy should be dead. I think they've made it pretty obvious that what is happening now is what had ALWAYS happened on the island. For example: John told Richard that he came to see him as a child...he tells him this in the past, BEFORE it has happend in Richard's time...and when Richard comes to see little John, he has items and asks little John which ones belong to him. Clearly these are items John was carrying when he saw Richard as an adult. Also, the dead redhead (I can't remember her name) told Ferraday that she had lived on the island and a crazy man had told her never to come back. Ferraday IS that person who told her not to come back, in hopes of keeping her from her fate of dying there...that's why he was saying to himself NOT to tell her after he saw her as a child in 1974...he wants to make sure he doesn't say anything to her because saying it is what made her WANT to come back.

Anyway...that may not sound so clear, but hopefully people will get it. I am pretty sure that things are happening just as they are supposed to...which is what the island supposedly does, right? It puts you where you need to be no matter how hard you fight against it.

citmyway

I love to read everyones comments about the show b/c I tend to learn so much from them. However, what I don't learn from is the dumb ass comments about being 1st or 2nd!!!! WTF???? Now that I got that off my chest (I swear that's the stupidest thing to me) I agree with the comment about maybe they didn't go back to 1977 b/c their younger selves are there or at least in Ben's case. I knew Ben knew more then he let on about the island (now I assume it's b/c he's lived through it since it shows him being the young Ben that eventually meets dude that never ages in the forest - mercy that seems like forever ago). I know I'm confusing myself too. I hate this is the last season!!!! I hope all of our questions get answered but I think maybe there are just too many questions and there is no way of answereing them all.

Lee

Claire went off and then we never really knew if she was killed or not, but remember, she was with Christian, which would lead us to believe she was dead.

The concept that Ben remembers Sayid and Sawyer, etc...from when he was a boy is good. But what I think is happening is that the wheel is like the "time machine" and it can send you forward/backwards. Sun came without the baby, so that makes sense that she stayed on the plane. Ben wasn't on the plane to start, so he stayed on the plan. When Kate, Jack, Hurley came through the light change, it put them in the same place - 1977 with Sawyer, Jen, Miles, and Jin because they all came back the same way. Sayid came back the same way as well, but just ended up on a different place on the island.

As for Sawyer being a bad guy. I don't think so. Richard is off with the "Others/hostiles" and the Dharma Iniative is going along as always. But I think next week or soon after, Ben is going to do his killing thing and hopefully because Our Guys know about it, they will escape. Sawyer is just treating Sayid bad because the Krawsky (or whatever his name is) knows about Sayid.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments