« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Special Olympics Champ to Barack: Bring it On!

3/20/2009 10:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A bowling phenom in the Special Olympics has just challenged Prez Barack Obama to a White House roll-off ... and he'll probably kick Barack's butt.

Barack Obama

Kolan McConiughey, a Special Olympics competitor who has bowled three perfect 300 games, tells TMZ that the Prez has to score a lot higher than 129 to beat him. Kolan says he bowls an average of 266.

Play VideoKolan -- who works at a grocery store in Ann Arbor, Mich. -- said he'd love to go to the White House to beat Barack on his own lane. Kolan said, "He's cool, but he can't beat me."

We posed the challenge to the White House. They said "no comment."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tinalouise

Is everyone at TMZ republicans or what?? Why dont you put up all of the racist things Rush Limbaugh says or the idiotic things George Bush has said?? I am done with this site for sure.. obviously you are all racist republicans looking for trouble. Now you can have all of the Fox viewers buh bye... I doubt you will put this one up just like you didnt my other post.

Bonzai

Lighten up people....it is what we used to call a joke! Everyone is so serious all the damn time. When is it ok to just show a littlle humor, I guess only in a dark room when no one else can hear it. In this day and age...don't you think we could all use a little humor?

Insert comical name here

Good for Kolan. I for one do believe he is the better bowler and I also bet he can speak a lot more intelligently without a teleprompter. Also, he is better looking.

towelie

The story did not mention that a 266 average in special olympic bowling is around 125 for the rest of us.
The pins are knocked over by a built-in remote controlled inbalance mechanism. They secretly put select people in the crowd with the remote, and they decide how many pins to knock over for each boweler.... hope this helps.

Kay

Wow. I bet Obama would consider it an honor to meet Kolan!

getAlifePeople

Obviously this guy takes it in better stride, and for the JOKE that it was, much better than the rest of you guys. Kudos to him and all you complainers should follow his lead.

Ashley

This is stupid. I've heard things like that every freaking day from average people. Just because he's the President, people are getting all high and mighty. He's human. Everybody is allowed a slip up here or there. Geez, cut the guy a break.

Eric in L.A.

Very Good Research and Point "Habibus". You have to remember this guy is on the special olympics. He must have done the math wrong. If he knows what math is at all...

Yuck

D-Boy, Shut up you, I hope everyone who reads D-Boy's comment has enough sense to realize he has no idea of what he's talking aobut. I have 2 special needs children who both bowl with Special Olympics and they earn each pin they knock down. We cheer as loud for a gutter ball as we do for strike. Believe me the "joke" wasn't funny. I wonder if Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson will make the TV rounds and papers protesting this offensive comment??? Oh that's right Obama's black so he can pick on other groups and it's okay!...................my bad!

Str8UpNilka

Why was okay for the libs to get all up in arms about that political cartoon with a monkey from the New York Post a while back? Ya'll blew that out of context. Welcome to your own world. Our turn to follow suit.

Rachel

ANN ARBOR LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolfreaknbeans

#20- Who cares what Rush Limbaugh says ? Rush is NOT our president. O'Bama is our president and gets on national t.v. and insults the handicapped. I agree political correctness has gone haywire. However, we have a president who doesn't know how to act properly. He is proving time and time again that he is socially inept. Which for now is just embarrassing, but later could cause some real issues.

tae

Kolan McConiughey would make a better president than Obama. Looks like Kolan would actually put in the hard work required to be president and not do talk shows while we are in a 'crisis'.

autismom

Obama is an ass without his teleprompter. Case in point, the "Special Olympics" joke. His true colors are showing.

Stevn Farber

Obama should have said what he really meant " I bowl like a retard"