Bye Bye, T.I.

3/27/2009 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.T.I. is going to the pokey for a year and a day.

An Atlanta federal court just sentenced the 28-year-old rapper on federal weapons charges related to buying machine guns and silencers.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was also ordered to pay $100,300 in fines.

He has between 30 and 60 days to report to prison.

Cassidy!

its like with t.i like chris brown ! none of them needs to hear all of this crap about themselves. They're struggling hard enough as it already is! seriously! .......

The REAL DEAL

Courtney - you apparently have strong feelings. What are you doing to highlight the positives in the black community - you have Black History Month, NAACP, Rainbow Push Coalition and so many other groups for blacks only, but there is an overwhelming and disproportinal amount of violence in the black community that is not found in any other community around the world. When will your "leaders" take a stand and speak out instead of condoning through silence and emulating those who are creating all of the embarassment. While whites do have issues too, Lindsay, Britney and Paris are not THUGS and are not purchasing weapons designed to Kill. Pull your head out of your butt and wake up to the reality of the problems

Fan Since 2007!!!

Rap is Dead
This is Why

BHL

Yo bro, be a better example to your own kind....why are all of you into guns and s**t. It's not cool, we have a Black President now!! Grow up Black people!

Stpn2me

You also have to think of his children, who will be without their father for a year and a day.

I am in the military, and I am without my kids for a year at a time when I go to combat. Do you care now?

I like TI, but he needs to do the time and start acting like an adult.

Fan Since 2007!!!

In Obama's America, here's hoping this will be the death knell for rap culture

Waste of space people

It's funny I had to post a comment because it just had to be said.. You people seriously have nothing better to do then sit here and write crap about TI and racist crap... When about 1/2 of you are probably the ones sitting home collecting enemployement checks doing nothing with your lives.. Why don't you people go back to work and do something with your lives? At least the man is willing to step up and admit what he did was wrong. Did any of you people watch his show? No because your busy posting stupid comments on this stupid website..

jaye

I'm going to cry me a river for TI, right after I stop laughing.

I HATE LIL WAYNE

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :) BYE BYE SNITCH ;)..TIME TO GO CELEBRATE ;)

I HATE LIL WAYNE

THEY SHOULD HAVE GAVE HIM MORE THAN A YEAR.

Denise

He should be doing a lot more time than 1 year. The average person with the same record would not have been allowed to stay out until sentencing and definitely would have received more than 1 year. I don't feel sorry for him - his money allowed him a different outcome. Double standards - all the way around ! That's what is wrong - people like TI and actors get special treatment while everyone else pays a very hefty price. I personally would never buy any of his CD's.

tlo

Obviously TI made a mistake in trying to purchase guns when he was not allowed to have them. However, anyone else in the situatuion he was in would have done the same. To those saying he should have thought of his family, he was. He was thinking of protecting them. How many people have guns in their home for protection?
To those on here saying bad things about him. You know nothing. Listen to his latest album. It completely changed how I viewed his actions. Its unfortunate that it took something negative to highlight the positive.
I just hope during his jail time he will keep writing, I can't wait for the next record.

Evan

Let me get this right ...a convicted felon only gets a year and a day in prison for what he plead to??? WOW !! Doesnt sound like he was too hardcore working out that deal !!!

blondy91

T.I. is my favorite rapper and i'm sad to see him get locked up. He's a great family man who made a mistake and is taking his punishment like a man. He shows remorse for what he did and has taken his experiences and what he's learned to change other peoples lives for the better. If anyone watched his show on MTV they could clearly see he is a good man. Love Ya T.I.!!!!!!!

Jojo