Matt Dillon Guilty of Being a Speed Freak

3/30/2009 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matt Dillon just pled guilty for having a heavier-than-lead foot -- meaning he has to pay the price for going 106 in a 65 last December.

Dillon, whose case was brought up today in Vermont, was ordered to pay an $828 fine. As part of the plea agreement, Dillon's negligent operation charge was dropped.

In addition to the fine, Matt will also be forced to read a pamphlet called "The Brake Is That Funny Looking Little Pedal on the Left ... for Dummies."

really now

really now !

JEh

HA pays to be a celebrity I guess, i had no record, was caught doing 102 in a 44, got 74 days in jail all but 2 suspended, 1000 fine, and a license suspension for six months. Don't speed in Virginia...

REYNA

WHO CAARES ABOUT THIS NEW SPEED RACER............

Steph

Well, it could be the pedal in the middle. Don't send him too far left, he'll mistake the brake for the clutch. Hopefully there is a chapter on that in the book. :-)

wow

I think you mean he "pleaded" guilty, no?

xcalibur

WOOOOOOW, BIG DEAL! $828 FINE... THAT'S IT?? ONLY IN AMERICA .. AND HOLLYWOOD. SMDH.

WHERE'S THE COMMUNITY SERVICE? WE ALL WANT TO SEE DILLON PICKING WHITE TRASH BY THE FREEWAY.

Joanne

I wondered what happened to him--- and then this...

Ash

That's fine if he's in an M series BMW and on a track and has gone to track school. Fun stuff baby!

Mr. Ed

He got off way too easy. I live in Upstate New York right across the lake from Vermont and if I was caught doing that speed on their highways, I'd probably be in jail. Vermont has some of the toughest cops...they're fair but they're tough and going that much over the speed limit and jeopardizing people's lives on their highways just wouldn't be tolerated. Not if you're an average, run of the mill, every day Joe. I mean come on, an $828 fine for him is a penny fine for me and reading a pamphlet..providing he can read (he couldn't read the speed limit could he?) isn't any punishment at all. I hope he realizes how lucky he is to be a star and he does some paying forward. Maybe the town he was caught speeding in could use a new playground or rec center or something - put your money to good use.

northern gypsy

hey matt...call up andre 3000...give him the reality check...that both of you needed !!!

www.twitter.comwin_prizes

I wonder what car he was driving!

firas

no not everyone go 105 now, I never went over 75 since I reached like 25 old, before that I used to do 120 and more all the time, I crashed 2 cars because of stuff like that, I was so stupid sooooo stupid

caseyatbat16

Matt got off easily and cheaply because - why? He's a movie star and can put on the charm and con his way out of just about anything. If one of us pulled that dumb stunt what would happen?