« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shane McMahon -- This Is Why Wrestling's Fake

4/4/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On TV, WWE's Shane McMahon is a total hard-ass -- but when we got Vince's son in NYC the other day, dude couldn't have been friendlier.

Shane McMahon: Click to watch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

April

Shane is truly a nice guy. He's so friendly to the fans. i met him once when he came to my country to promote WWE Smackdown. Also,i really love this clip with shane's walking down the street. he seems so casual.

1981 days ago

MOLESTER HATER

First...

MOLESTER HATER

do u guys at TMZ ever go to bed??????LOL

Stardust

Randy Orton is gonna kick HHH's butt at WM - that's a fact!

Ashley_STL

Yeah, he is really nice in person. When he came to St. Louis my guy and I met him at a local bar after we went to RAW and he was real cool about taking pictures and everything. A+ in my book! =)

Jitesh Patel

SHANE O MACK!!! THE SON OF A BILLIONAIRE OF COURSE THE GUYS GONNA BE NICE BUT YA HE IS A COOL DUDE AND WWE STILL IS ONE OF THE BEST ENTERTAINING PROGRAMS ON TV

2031 days ago

frig chris brown, frig him, loser

here comes the money!!!!!!!!!! very few entice a reaction like Shane O' Mac

Patrick

"This Is Why Wrestling's Fake". It's statements like that which is why this is the first time I have EVER been to this site. It's no more fake than any of the movies you people report on. In fact, wrestling is even more dangerous, because when they jump off of 20 foot ladders they don't have a stunt double. It's just kind of funny that a website that talks about MOVIES would talk about wrestling being fake! On the "fake" scale, movies would be ahead of wrestling lmao.

arte help

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jame

he is super handsome

Party 'till you die!

I really can't stand wrasslin' one bit, but I will say that I do admire the very real athleticism involved in them not killing themselves on a daily basis! I worked for a short time at a fricking group home (seriously!) with the original Brooklyn Brawler and he showed me some moves on a trampoline out back used for the kids. Despite being completely out of shape with an extra 150# of fat, having totally blown out knees, and a host of other injuries; he could still suplex (?) me over his head and I'm 6'2 and weighed about 230# at the time! I'm never surprised when a Wrestler dies now. They are almost all tanked up on major pain meds from from debilitating injuries and it's not like there's a retirement system out there taking care of them. Let me put it this way, my friend was happy to have that job at the group home, but at least he was good with the kids and was a very nice guy. I honestly don't know if it was sour grapes or what, but the two people he said were the Biggest Douchebags in the World were Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon (never mentioned the son)! I believed what he said and he said some messed up things about them and I would tend to believe what he said was true after watching these two in action! I wouldn't have believed him about who he was, but he brought in a stack of tapes to prove it! Damn brutal profession!

smithyairmax

shane mcmahon rocks.

Gospel Elvis

I Love wrestling!!!! Go Jeff Hardy! Can't wait till tomorrow. I am a Grandma and I love wrestling. Have since the 1970's.. Got my grandkids coming over tomorrow to watch. We are having a party!!

Moonsaultfreak

FAKE? You have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about. I have two sons who both pro wrestle on the indy scene. Brutalizing their bodies to entertain you and hoping someday to catch a break. I have watched them both suffer after matches but stand up and say "i'd do it again". I have seen their friends taken to the hospital, injured so badly that they have had to leave the business for months at a time and some don't get the opportunity to come back at all. There is something most people don't understand about these guys, they have heart. They are dedicated to what they do, just as an actor is dedicated to a movie role, or a TMZ reporter is dedicated to getting the scoop. So before you go and call these guys FAKE, do some research. I invite any of you TMZ reporters to attend an event with us and see for yourselves just how fake it is. Of course that would mean you would actually have to invest some time in what you are reporting.

kal

Forget the MTV generation we are now the TMZ generation!!
The media's eyes are never off and the cameras are on 24/7.
And I think Shane O'Mac understands that.
Had he flown off the handle and started yelling, "Leave me alone, get outta my way, how did you find me...", he would have made himself look more ridiculous and generated more pseudo-publicity.

Instead he just plays it nice and cool, gives TMZ some small talk and goes on his way.
Way to go Shane, Props to you!

Now if more established stars and athletes understood that, they could do wonders to grow or restore their image!
How about that, Hollywood could take lessons from Shane O'Mac!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments